• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS I don't want my training wheels, Tripwire

Khangirey

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 2, 2012
I understand the reasoning behind this; New players should train on Action/Arcade before going in to realism, but I just can't stand the game mode. I've pre-purchased the game, and it really irks me that I'm forced to play a game mode that was not even widely played on Ro2. If I want to play an arcade game, I'll go play Call of Duty. Probably not a good time to rant, but just had to get it out there.

I ranted about this in the Beta.

By forcing this on new RS owners is assumes a lot of things that I don't agree with such as new players need hand holding (or training wheels as you put it) and new players are coming from arcadish games and can't cope with the gameplay.

They never take into account that you may want the less arcadish gameplay or you may be coming from a game such as ARMA or AA. If they had done something like this when ROOST came out, I might not have continued playing it.

Now there are ways you can bypass playing Action mode, but you have to do things such as joining a friend in the game to join a Realism or Classic Server

Upvote 0
ok , I like others didnt have this problem because I've put the time in on HOS.
But the whole concept is daft, if people prefer action let them choose, if others prefer realism or classic - let them choose.

Surely it would have been better to just explain the difference to users and give them an informed choice. Unfortunately its all a hangover of the game having a split personality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It doesn't take long too long to unlock the realism servers, I did it yesterday within a few hours.

I think it helps because although I've been playing RO1 and RO2 since start, I had a hard time learning the new maps during the beta. Learning the nooks and corners was speed up with the kill cam thing on action mode.

Everyone will eventually hit realism mode sooner or later, and hopefully when they do, they get what they should be doing. It really is for the greater good.

Upvote 0
There are a lot of threads on this subject....

With that being said, the amount of threads is justified. This was my only gripe (and a major one at that). I have friends who played yesterday and I'm not even sure they'll fire up the game again because 'Action' mode was the exact opposite of what they expected... I was honor level 34 in beta and even I almost gave up leveling in Action mode to get to the real game.

Upvote 0