• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS I am hooked on the game now.

i also have to say ....gobsmacked....the Dev's have done wonder's the map's are amazing.
I think the comunity just has to raise there game to actually play them.
unvorgiving in making mistakes...great...we just have to tighten up our gameplay and comms to make this one of the most enjoyable gaming setups anywhere around at the moment
i would think the RO comunitie is up to the task
thx Dev's....word's fail me in the complex and interesing game/maps that you've put together here.

Upvote 0
I was really skeptical about RS but decided to go for broke and get it and I'm really glad I did! I'm having sooo much fun. I loved RO1 and especially the Darkest Hour mod. I was really hyped for RO2 but horribly dissapointed with it when it was released. I'd come back for occasional updates but never played more than a couple hours each time. RS gives me the same feeling as RO1 and Darkest Hour!

Upvote 0
I am pleasantly surprised by RS and can't stop playing it. Although it's using the same engine as RO2 HS it feels like your playing a totally different game which. The graphics are great, the game mechanics are smooth, and the game immersion is fantastic!

The "fun factor" is taken to the next level with the bonzai charge and the toasty flamethrower.

Great job so far on RS....thank you! :D

Upvote 0
Seriously Nestor. This game is AMAZING. I just finished playing for a few hours and the one thought that kept running through my head was, "I hope this team of developers from RS get rich beyond their wildest imaginations from their effort here!" It is SO GOOD I can only hope for your extreme financial success so that you will continue and do MORE games!

Unbelievable. Beautiful. Well done.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
Rising Storm is an awesome, amazing game.
I also LOVE how they've chosen to implement it. It's really the best way to deliver such a new experience without dividing the community.

RS/TW has done a great job and TW has REALLY learned from what went wrong with the RO2 release. Unlike publishers such as Electronic Arts, Tripwire can admit mistakes and move on to fix them.

That said, I feel like people aren't giving RO2: Heroes of Stalingrad the love it deserves. It was and still is amazing and ground breaking. Just try not to forget that TW made this all happen. :)

Upvote 0
I have to say that although I loved RO and RO2, they were very niche. Before RS beta and all that I was lucky to find more then 4 servers with decent pop, so I hope RS will breath some new life into RO2 as well as usher in RS. I don't want to have to pick between the two, as I love the eastern front much more then any other, but killing krauts and reds gets tiresome after a couple years.

I'm certainly not saying I want it to attract a wider audience, like COD, I just hope it manages to keep a large core of dedicated players.

Upvote 0
I have to say that although I loved RO and RO2, they were very niche. Before RS beta and all that I was lucky to find more then 4 servers with decent pop, so I hope RS will breath some new life into RO2 as well as usher in RS. I don't want to have to pick between the two, as I love the eastern front much more then any other, but killing krauts and reds gets tiresome after a couple years.

I'm certainly not saying I want it to attract a wider audience, like COD, I just hope it manages to keep a large core of dedicated players.

This is true. I hope RS produces a larger community.

Upvote 0
I'm also VERY positively surprised. I've played RO on and off since the mod. I've had fun with RO2 but Rising Storm is something else entirely. The mostly great map design (I especially love the jungle fighting), the fun new classes (mortar, flamethrower), the "feel" of the MGs now as well as the new M1 rifles and other weapons. The Banzai charges.. I dislike two of the maps (very open ones) and I feel the game's not perfectly balanced, but still it all adds up to a great game.

I expected to play this for 5-10 hours in beta, and more when released, but Steam informs me I've played 25 hours now since I got it 3 days ago. It's exceeded all expectations, and I hope it catches on.

Upvote 0