• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How/What do you feel about TWI and RO2

ihatemayo

Sep 16, 2011
How do you feel? Do you support the Devs? Do you feel like RO2 is up to standards with what you expected? Is the amount of content released in the last half year what you expected?

Does it bother you hardly anyone plays, they release LARGE updates for classic mode which sounds great. Unfortunately, hardly anyone plays the beta....this makes testing sort of a joke.

Im loosing faith in the game, hardly anyone plays it, the anti-lag mutator is in the dust, custom maps are a ***** to make because of a broken SDK, and progress is extremely slow with TWI.

Anyways, if your interested a few of us RO2 regulars have made a steam group and are going to try and schedule beta testing nights. Check it out

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ro2beta-

Try to stay on topic, and join the group.

I feel great thanks :3
I love the game. It's the best game I have ever purchased. Gameplay is amazing... Classic mode is even more amazing. I don't agree that the beta testing is a joke. I very much enjoyed testing it even on a server of only about 10 people. Love the devs, they are doing well and constantly working hard. Can't wait for the future updates. :)

Don't give up mayo!

....and this is coming from a New Zealander who only gets a server server with enough people on it after 8pm :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ive loved this game since day one, but its starting to get a little old....I keep hearing about this classic mode but it seems like they are taking their sweeet time. May or may not be still playing by the time they finally get it released. For the sake of the longetivity of the game, I hope they release this mode and patch soon....not trying to be negative or troll but just stating my thoughts.

Upvote 0
i think that this is feeling is partly due to the fact that all of the changes are happening in the beta, if you've played it or read the change logs lots of the bugs that are prevalent and very annoying in the regular game are fixed.
Before these fixes were dumped into the regular game as they came out, occasionally these 'fixes' caused major bugs ( ie spawning w/out smoke ). Because of that they started using the beta for all testing, so all of the fixes are invisible unless you dig and find out what has been going on.

They need to get a v1.0 of the classic mode and all the bug fixes into the regular game, hopefully soon.

Upvote 0
Love this game and Tripwire. I've been entertained for days on end with Killing Floor and RO2.

That said I feel the devs could be a bit more open with the community and gradually apply improvements, instead of keeping everyone in suspense for a huge patch to come along and revitalize the game. I don't doubt that they are working as best they can with their small team to add what everyone wants to the game, just that it could be a little faster.
Beta testing isn't a joke. I thought it was fun being able to shoot Ramm-Jaeger a few times in the A$$ and give some input. The times when people play the beta is sort of random. I've logged on at around 3 PM EST with about 60 people playing. I came back an hour or two later and it was around 10-15 players.

All I can say is give it time. I've fully enjoyed RO2. It's just these damned forums that, up until 3 or 4 months ago, was nothing but a bandwagon trying to throw RO2 in the incinerator. I think we've come a long way since all that crap, and if we lost some of the jerks that didn't want anyone to enjoy RO2 than I see it as a huge improvement.

Upvote 0
As a player new to RO in RO2, I feel disappointed, not by the game so much as by the lack of focus by TWI on teamplay and organisation.

I keep hoping they'll fix it because the base game, the engine, the mechanics of combat are really quite good with many original elements.

However the game is totally unsuitable for organised recreational play that looks for realistic tactics. It is suitable for the sort of competitive clan match gaming, but then... that is sort of an entirely diffrent niche. It's like counterstrike vs ghost recon..

In hindsight TWI should have made a clearer choice on this matter instead of the half half approach that became apparent.

I still have patience though, a little bit. But I have given up active play because it's been too long since improvements were made.

PS I and others bc of a DL-limit in my country can not enter the beta bc it requires too much DL-ing. THe game has gone very stale if you don't play beta.

Upvote 0
I feel good about TWI and RO2. But there are still bugs and issues that hasn`t be handled.

I really don`t understand why TWI waits ssoooo long to put the classis mode on the main game.

Exactly my beastly friend.

Me, I would rather they just fixed the "normal" game and stopped dicking about with a "classic" mode.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ive loved this game since day one, but its starting to get a little old....I keep hearing about this classic mode but it seems like they are taking their sweeet time. May or may not be still playing by the time they finally get it released. For the sake of the longetivity of the game, I hope they release this mode and patch soon....not trying to be negative or troll but just stating my thoughts.

My views are close to your own, except for RO Classic, which I don't like and don't care for at all.

I support Twipwire for the work they have done thus far. I have enjoyed ROCA, I liked RO1 even though it had a few gameplay changes made to it that I didn't care for, Loved Killing Floor, and I loved RO2 and how it played right from the bat.

Sure there were the odd bigs here and there, but I expected those to exist at launch, and yes... the tanks, although detailed and fun to use, have some real issues that urk me a lot, such as insta-player killing inside the tank, which ends up with the tank blowing up even if there are other AI seats to switch to..... or how someone can constantly hit the same spots in the turret of the tanks to kill you over and over again as you keep trying to switch to the gunner's position..... while the tank itself continually shows no damage taken.

Besides those few issues, I love RO2 and enjoyed playing it since Beta Launch.......

..... But if we're being honest here, I have a huge issue with the length of time it is taking to get new content into the game, and like you Duke, I have gotten bored and it's getting old, simply because I've played everything in the game to death as it is and haven't really sat down for a full match since before Christmas.

There have been a few development decisions TWI have decided to do with RO2 that I certainly don't agree with, such as spending the last few months working on this RO Classic with the hopes it will bring in the old players back to RO2..... with the additional hope that the other players who've been keeping the community active thus far, don't decide to just move onto something else due to being bored and waiting too long for something new (other than RO Classic).... which in turn would probably cancel any benefit of bringing in the old players and TWI would end up right in the exact same spot they're in right now with player counts. (thus the last few months ending up as a complete waste of time)

But I still support TWI with their RO2 project (that's what it is... a Project, since it's still a work in progress)..... I do hope RO2 does finally develop into a solid game which brings in a lot of players, while at the same time having all the content that was promised (and then some)

But since we're being honest.... I'm actually worried for TWI and RO.

For the first time since 2004, I am actually worried for Tripwire's future development & if things aren't fixed soon, if content doesn't start coming into the game a hell of a lot faster than it is (which is that it's not coming in at all, except for bug patches).... and if this RO Classic further divides the available servers people want to play on..... I'm fearful that RO2 won't see beyond 2012.

Reactions: >F|R< Sarcinelli
Upvote 0
Ro2 is now somewhat playable, TWI... is in the ****ter, but I believe in them still. So it all comes down to the implementation of classic which is headed in the right direction. If they flub the classic, and the freeweekend doesn't draw in atleast 100 permanent players i'm done with the game, I'll stick them in the same category as Taldren, Ubisoft, Dice, and Sledgehammer.

btw, Classic mode will be what saves the game, it will differentiate RO2 from COD and BF. That is the main problem atm. RO2 as it is now is trying to compete with COD and BF, which just isn't going to happen. RO1 has such a staunch following because it is completely different gameplay wise. Ro2 with graphics that compete with the big boys COD and BF. Just needs that critical shift in gameplay. Why would you play a game that is similar to COD and BF but has little or no multiplayer population and no singleplayer story to speak of? Tripwire's problem was they tried to take on the big boys on the block with a frontal assault. Not only is that a bad idea, but they also flubbed the release so bad it wasn't funny. They didn't stand a chance, and they failed miserably.

With Classic mode, you will have a game that stands apart from the rest of the pack, with graphics that compete, and gameplay features that bury the competition. Bullet penetration, bullet physics, cover system, fully modeled tanks, tank armor penetration system etc.. etc.. etc.. If you market this to all the people that used to play RO1 and games like ARMA, and Rainbow six... There are alot of people out there that have been looking for a tactical shooter with graphics like COD, but with tactical/realistic gameplay. It's a huge market that has little to no competition. Seriously, name a tactical/realistic FPS that has come out in the last 3-4years that has graphics on the same level as the COD and BF series? aside from ARMA I can't think of any. AND THAT is where tripwire is gonna make their money, and that is where we are going to find our player base.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How do you feel? Do you support the Devs? Do you feel like RO2 is up to standards with what you expected? Is the amount of content released in the last half year what you expected?

Does it bother you hardly anyone plays, they release LARGE updates for classic mode which sounds great. Unfortunately, hardly anyone plays the beta....this makes testing sort of a joke.

Im loosing faith in the game, hardly anyone plays it, the anti-lag mutator is in the dust, custom maps are a ***** to make because of a broken SDK, and progress is extremely slow with TWI.

Anyways, if your interested a few of us RO2 regulars have made a steam group and are going to try and schedule beta testing nights. Check it out

[url]http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ro2beta-[/URL]

Try to stay on topic, and join the group.

I support the Devs. Otherwise I would not spend my time on this board. But no, RO2 didn't match my standard. Not because of lack of content but rather the other way around: to much rubbish was added into the game such as the weapon unlocks and all that. What was removed was replaced by - in my opinion - idiotic ''features'' such as not being able to exit a damn tank.

Upvote 0
The reason I signed in on this forum is beacuse when I bought the game and installed it, it was like I got slapped in the face by TWI.
I never ever bought a game that was so bugged and had so many gameplay problems, it was like they never played the game themselves?
When I found this forum, I regained hope as I saw that TWI are working on improving the game and eliminating the bugs and problems.
It's good to see that they support the players, but on the other hand, that's the least that I expect if they release a game in the state that it was released in...

Luckily, most of my complaints are gone now since I've been playing the classic beta and now I know that that is the game I've been looking for for years!

Upvote 0
What I feel about TWI and RO2?

Just one word.

Sad.

That's why we keep on playing RO1, the Classic mode might be the game we expected in September 2011, but it comes pretty late.
And even when it comes, there are still no better maps, weapons or tanks.

For anyone who's still excited in RO1 should ahve a look here:

http://ro.thewar.eu/Forum/showthread.php?15-RO-WarGame

Upvote 0
I love the game.... and support TWI.

Have done so for what seems like forever. RGN has had servers up for years.

These are the RGN RO2 servers;
RGN "SEMPER FIDELIS" RO2 24 Player Server
208.75.226.52:7777

RGN "SEMPER FIDELIS" RO2 64 Player Server
66.151.244.134:7777

The 24 man server runs a mix of stock and custom maps.

TWI is the most user responsive Developer we've seen in the PC Online Community.

Upvote 0
Considering how small the dev team is, I think they are doing a good job.

The thing I love the most, is that custom maps can be played on Ranked servers. This AFAIK is a very rare thing indeed and without this, I would probably not be into making maps for this game.

They are slowly but surely finding and fixing the issues the custom maps are having :)

Upvote 0
I felt Ro2 was substandard when it came out.

I think the devs made a horrible mistake trying to get two crowds of gamers instead of expanding and perfecting the game to meet the desires/ advance realism as much as possible and improve gameplay/add variety.

However, the devs are now doing a great job with the beta testing and have actually listened to the community(not many companies do this) eg. the BIA series which died, the total war series, etc.

So, bad start, but things are looking up. I think the mods for this game will be among the best yet for ww2 also.

Tripwire has regained my support.

Upvote 0