• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[How Do I?] How to fix my RO2 lag?

SaNDeX

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Finland
Hi! I just bought new computer and in ro2 i only get 25-35 fps on high settings . I really want to know how to fix this.

My PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Anthlon II X4 640 3.0GHz
GPU: Zotac GTX 570
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Motherboard: Asus M5a78L LE
PSU: Corsair CX500 500W
screen: LG FLATRON W1941S 1360x768

THX :D And sorry for my bad English.

I have a similar system to yours
Core 2 Duo e8400 @ 3ghz
evga GTX 560ti
6gb DDR2
Asus p5n32e sli motherboard
game resolution 1680x1050 windowed
monitor resolution 1920x1080

And I have a mix of settings - anywhere from low to high to get 50 or more frames per second. I don't know of any other fix. Your best bet is to just adjust things as I have done... turn down the settings that you don't notice as much, or don't like as much... for me, I turn off/low the ones like vsync, bloom, motion blur, depth of field, shadow quality, and post processing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i'm kinda doubting that his psu is causing low fps. his 500 watts is pushing the limit if everything is using max power, but that would make it crash, wouldn't it?
ro2 likes great cpu's not gpu's. i'm thinking it's the weak link. i'd tell you to overclock the cpu, if you had more power. i'd be turning down the settings Grim Reality was mentioning, myself. turn on stat fps in the console and start playing with the graphics settings. light rays is the first to go for me.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
But why other games like BFBC2 or BF3 Works with ultra always about 40-60 fps?

The PSU question aside, RO2 is heavily CPU dependent and the other games are more GPU dependent. That said, I'm not familiar AMD CPUs so I cannot really comment.

The only other thing I can suggest is monitor your CPU temps while in game. If it gets hot, the CPU will slow down a bit so it doesn't overheat.

Upvote 0
No you are now wrong. gtx 570 in maximum load only needs about 350w on PSU.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2010/12/07/nvidia-geforce-gtx-570-1-3gb-review/9

Read that.

No thanks i have read a lot of reviews and as Mr Moe said keep in mind the rest of your system.

PSU: Corsair CX500 500W

THX :D And sorry for my bad English.

Sorry to say this but you should buy a new PSU before that 500w PSU ends up with your PC.

Right now i'm with a Evga GTX 570, minimum needs a 550w, i bought a Cooler Master 600w PSU and it worked well, now i'm with a Corsair 1050W for future updates.

The 600w PSU still working fine in another computer if you ask about it.

Any way a good 650w PSU will be ok :)

Sorry for my english I speak Spanish

Upvote 0
No thanks i have read a lot of reviews and as Mr Moe said keep in mind the rest of your system.

Sorry to say this but you should buy a new PSU before that 500w PSU ends up with your PC.

Right now i'm with a Evga GTX 570, minimum needs a 550w, i bought a Cooler Master 600w PSU and it worked well, now i'm with a Corsair 1050W for future updates.

The 600w PSU still working fine in another computer if you ask about it.

Any way a good 650w PSU will be ok :)

Sorry for my english I speak Spanish

I tried my brother Cooler master 750w PSU and Still the same fps.

Upvote 0