• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to deal with TKs in game

vindictive people won't forgive one way or the other. at least with the new proposed system, the lazy people, and other people who for whatever reason have no chance to forgive won't have to.

i find it funny you talk about the current forgiveness system as reinforcing a "forgiveness" mentality when the new proposed system reflects that much better. in the new system, the default action is forgiveness, while one has to go out of his way to punish.

and with this system, there are less avenues for accidental tks to be punished, so it's much simpler and less prone to abuse as well.

Upvote 0
what if instead of having to open chat and type in np (which is just obsurd). so instead of having to type somthing in how about have 2 icons you can press in middle of screen while the death cam plays or black screen. one being forgive other being punish.

or have very short timer for how long you have for the forgive button to stay available to click. :IS2:

Upvote 0
what if instead of having to open chat and type in np (which is just obsurd). so instead of having to type somthing in how about have 2 icons you can press in middle of screen while the death cam plays or black screen. one being forgive other being punish.

or have very short timer for how long you have for the forgive button to stay available to click. :IS2:
It do feel a bit modish, I say it should be bound to a key.

Upvote 0
Perhaps it should not be possible to punish/notforgive until X seconds have passed, so people do not just insta-rage-punish people before they have time to think about it =).

I also like how in some servers in other games with press a number voting system theres like the first numbers from 1-5 greyed out so that people dont just immediately press something accidentally/

Upvote 0
thats a bit silly if you die with a nade in your hand and five guys around you, how does that work two of the five forgives but you are already session banned.

Delay... i'd say 15 sec are enough time to apologize and be forgiven. and if you are able to TK 5 Teammates with a single nade you should be kicked instantly for epic failure.

a yeah and for arty TKs it should be like:

8 arty-TKs in one call without forgive = session ban

AND well you shouldn't be just kick but session banned, thats the most important point. session ban as default for TKs. i have seen way to many grievers rejoining after being kicked. thats why i would welcome a session ban vote as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0