• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How many Zaitsevs and Konigs are we going to see?

How many Zaitsevs and Konigs are we going to see?

• Vasily Zaitsev

Votes: 136 72.7%
  • Major K

Votes: 51 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rarely saw anything like that in RO, so expecting the same. The place I see the most things like that are DoD with Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan names.

Funny thread. Sniping just seems cheap. Hit me at distance with a rifle and I'll be impressed. Hit me with a sniper and it just makes me feel cheated.

I bet you cry about 'noobtubes' in modern shooters as well.

Upvote 0
Ya it's weird people are so obsessed with sniper.

Being a really good "assault bolter" takes a lot more effort.

I like what Yahtzee said about people into the sniper class in TF2... "people who like point-and-click adventure games" :D.

Still... I enjoy it too for some reason. Dunno why. Is there something we were all exposed to as 3 year olds that accounts for this weird fascination?

Cause tbh, being a no-scoped assaulter (whether SMG or bolt or whatever) is more challenging and in a lot of cases more fun. Exceptions are the super sniper friendly maps like that one with the huge hill the Germans run up with the 3 Russian bunkers (can't remember the name...)

Upvote 0
Some of the best times I had was one the RO1 snipe server. Always new maps coming out, plenty of players and plenty of good natured trash talking.

But remember that snipe servers don't have objectives that need to be capped, so you won't get frustrated when trying to cap one objective while half of your team is hiding somewhere behind you trying to be snipers.

Upvote 0