• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How earn we money ?

So many times I get FP down to his knees only to die at the last second while some other guy kills it just as I die...compensation would be nice in a big way.
Damage based payout would be awesome. There would be a scale. Example: 80% damage, 100% pay out. 70%, and one individual has >20%, then split it 60:50 or something like that. That prevents a douche just shooting once and running away.

Upvote 0
Reading this instantly took me back to the days of Mechwarrior 3 and 4 on PC, with the "Attrition" gametype. Basically, whoever does the most damage wins.

I think some of the things KF lacks currently is in server/gameplay options. If not a default mode, I think some type of "Attrition" based monetary system should be implemented as an option.

Upvote 0
i agree but everyone could abuse this one just shooting a zed once and run away and shoot more and more not killing them

Perhaps some people would abuse this. They are probably the same people that abuse everything else in the game that they can. But do you really think this is going to switch peoples tactics from head shots and kills to running and shooting anywhere? Are zeds going to win the war because a few selfish players were only trying to score non fatal damage onto them. The answer is NO my friend!! They will not win, they cannot win. The strong will triumph and all of our fellow soldiers that choose a path of selfish darkness will be consumed by the beasts!!!!!

I vote for a score rather than kills. I think that would be the true way to score a match. Medics would have all their healing points applied to a score or anyone that healed team mates for that matter. Last man standing? how about double points? Why not spice things up a bit? Putting all the emphasis on kills can really take away the light from all of the other actions that take place. How many times do I see a medic just hold the team together and get no thanks and no recognition on the scoreboard. Or what about that SS that saves the day by killing that charging FP that wants your a**.

I think it would really allow the game to develop in awesome ways.

Upvote 0
i was gonna revive this soon too.

the scoring system needs to change. the "kills" and cash awarded should be based on damage inflicted. if you get 10 points of damage, give him 10 points and $10, 5 for $5, 50 for $50 etc...

though the overall goal is still a team victory, this should still be changed to help improve gameplay.

Upvote 0
i was gonna revive this soon too.

the scoring system needs to change. the "kills" and cash awarded should be based on damage inflicted. if you get 10 points of damage, give him 10 points and $10, 5 for $5, 50 for $50 etc...

though the overall goal is still a team victory, this should still be changed to help improve gameplay.

I don't think the formula can work exactly like that... what's the damage on a Crossbow headshot again? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I was about to make the exact same topic, because I felt like I wasnt getting any money while playing firebug. All those commandos and sharpshooters were always finishing the specimens, so I didnt get any actual kills and therefor no money -_-

Giving money according to the damage done would be better, as long as you cant cause more damage than the specimens have health left. I mean, in some games at least you can do like 10000 damage on a headshot even tho the target has 100hp lol, therefor you would get money for doing 10000dmg on a specimen with 100hp?

Upvote 0
The discrepancy between how useful you were in killing something...and who gets the money really shows when you use pipebombs as demo. A FP will walk over one, lose 75% of life, and two shots from an AA12, SCAR or M14 will finish him. And they get all the cash.

Changing the money award system might cause problems at higher difficulties though. You get next to no money for killing clots and crawlers on suicidal. With the amount of shots it can take to kill them, you either end up giving out fractional dollars per shot, or you make more money shooting them than you would killing them outright.

Upvote 0
yeah what i meant was not actual damage inflicted by a weapon i.e. 400 or whatever it is per hit for say like a crossbow headshot. what i meant is this:

say you have a Scrake. Scrake is (guessing here) 100 damage points. SS hits the Scrake in the chest with a bolt and takes away 50% of his health. a support inflicts another 25% damage with 3 body shots from his shotgun and then a zerker finishes him off the final 25% with two slices from his katana.

SS gets $50 and 50 points, each of the others get $25 and 25 points for the % of health their took from the Scrake.

Upvote 0