• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How do you deal with people shooting over your head?

Shoelip

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
I was playing some today on one of the TWI official servers and doing surprisingly well. Then some tard named Rusty suddenly started following me around and firing an SVT-40 over my head. Of course that makes the screen jump around as your character flinches from nearly being shot in the head. Thankfully I was playing Assault so I spent a lot of time sprinting around and hip shotting people, but it was really freaking annoying and if I was playing a rifleman it would have ruined the game for me.

I'm not really sure how this kind of stupidity can be dealt with. I told him to stop multiple times and of course he ignored me. I tried to vote kick him but of course everyone ignored it and he told me to "Calm down." And then continued to follow me around and fire over my head at walls. Then some other idiot named DFA joined in so I had two friendlies following me around firing shots over my head into walls. After a while people started complaining about me whining because two idiots were following me around shooting over my head at walls.

Is there anything that can be done to deal with this kind of **** besides leaving the server? It doesn't count as team damaging or team killing so it doesn't penalize them and/or kick them from the server. It's basically consequence free griefing.

Last edited:
I was playing some today on one of the TWI official servers and doing surprisingly well. Then some tard named Rusty suddenly started following me around and firing an SVT-40 over my head. Of course that makes the screen jump around as your character flinches from nearly being shot in the head. Thankfully I was playing Assault so I spent a lot of time sprinting around and hip shotting people, but it was really freaking annoying and if I was playing a rifleman it would have ruined the game for me.

I'm not really sure how this kind of stupidity can be dealt with. I told him to stop multiple times and of course he ignored me. I tried to vote kick him but of course everyone ignored it and he told me to "Calm down." And then continued to follow me around and fire over my head at walls. Then some other idiot named DFA joined in so I had two friendlies following me around firing shots over my head into walls. After a while people started complaining about me whining because two idiots were following me around shooting over my head at walls.

Is there anything that can be done to deal with this kind of **** besides leaving the server? It doesn't count as team damaging or team killing so it doesn't penalize them and/or kick them from the server. It's basically consequence free griefing.

Shoot them.... problem solved.

Other than that, either move behind them and shoot over their heads, or just keep relocating.... or as you said, go to another server.

If they were constantly doing that to me and on purpose.... I'd shoot them.... I'd shoot them square in their acorns.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wait for 10 seconds.

Either he moves on...

Or he ends up with a hole in his head and you can take his weapon and ammo.

Seriously, this never seems to fail. Jackass crowding your window? Bullet magnet.

They weren't firing over my head at enemies. They were following me around shooting at the space just above my head. I'd be standing upright at a corner and Rusty would be standing behind me aiming just above my head and firing off his entire magazine.

I guess there really is no way to deal with this beyond switching teams or servers.

Upvote 0
They weren't firing over my head at enemies. They were following me around shooting at the space just above my head. I'd be standing upright at a corner and Rusty would be standing behind me aiming just above my head and firing off his entire magazine.
I do that sometimes...but only when I need the person I'm doing it to up at the front, and not 200m back from the cap. I tend to shoot right next to them though, not over them.

And no I'm not Rusty.

If he's really being a jerk, well, like people said. TKs can be a blessing sometime. There were jerks in WWII too.

"Rusty, you schweinhund, I'll keel you!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0