• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How are the new maps?

Maizel

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
My beta stopped working properly ever since the update so I'm obliged to ask.

How are the new maps? How does it cater to different kinds of players? How are the lay outs? What are the tactical options like?, what are their sizes like?

Thanks & Discuss!

Both maps are really fun and varied, both have distance shooting and close quarters so all classes are useful and fun.

arent there 3 ;) ....but yeah they are fun dont like Barracks that much to many smg favoured spots on that one again (like arpartments)...but loving the other two esp red octobre its beyond awesomnes with open fields many places to hide and shoot from its amazing

Upvote 0
arent there 3 ;) ....but yeah they are fun dont like Barracks that much to many smg favoured spots on that one again (like arpartments)...but loving the other two esp red octobre its beyond awesomnes with open fields many places to hide and shoot from its amazing

Oh yeah, forgot one! Red october is amazing but I have not played it to much. Barracks has an awesome mode, nighttime in a city is just great. Grainelevator is one of those map I've been looking forward to, it's really fun with vertical combat, to bad people don't understand that you have to take the bottom floor and then move up, instead they just goof around the topfloor and stuff.

Upvote 0
Grain Elevator and Red October are amazing! I really love them. They give a real "battlefield" ( I don't mean the game-series^^) feeling. They are really atmospheric, look great & play great! Really like them :)

Barracks is very different. But.. i like it! It won't be one of my favorite maps, but I think its good fun sometimes!

Upvote 0
Haven't played much of Red October yet. Barracks is fun on TE, haven't played CD on it. CD on Red October is fun but I'm still bad at it since CD requires heavy map knowledge.

I'm still undecided about Grain Elevator, the map is pretty confusing and you can basically go everywhere thanks to all the stairwells/ladders, so figuring out where the "front line" is gets difficult. In addition the snipey nature of the game (thanks to laser bolts/semis) means you get killed coming out of spawn a lot. I dunno, I'm on the fence about the map, maybe it will change once people get to know it.

Upvote 0
Grain Elevator and Barracks I liked. Not really sure about Red October atm.

They are big and nice to play on i love the grain factory (i think it is called) as it has alot of vertical fighting, something i have been missing in games recently :)

Killzone 2 and 3 has these kinds of maps. Only problem its on the PS3 and not KB/Mouse compatible :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The grain elevator sure seems like a nice map and I'd love to have some good games with it but am I the only one who thinks it favors the Allies a lot? I mean it should be as easy to defend as attack with the 50:50 reinforcements, right? In the last match the axis had 100 less reinforcements when the round ended and axis just got sniped right next to the spawn area. Looks like a nice map but the gameplay as axis is just horrible.

Upvote 0
My beta stopped working properly ever since the update so I'm obliged to ask.

How are the new maps? How does it cater to different kinds of players? How are the lay outs? What are the tactical options like?, what are their sizes like?

Thanks & Discuss!

Well I'm not a veteran or anything to ro2 but so far I love all of them. The grain elevator is a bit..er..skinny? What it lacks in width and length it gains in height though, which is a neat mixup to what we already have. Barracks is obviously awesome, looots of strategy I can see bubbling up in that map due to the sheer number of different ways to get into the different zones. I haven't really played the third one I don't think though.

Upvote 0