Holy crap! PPSH Sniping!

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

BeserkWraithlor

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 3, 2006
Arizona
I was playing a custom map with bots called Mormrange, and practicing sniping, from +100 to +200 meters away, shooting at infantry. Now, when you fight bots, or play on servers, there is a bug for SMG's, where they have zero recoil. I use a ppsh, go +100/150 meters away, and start firing at those tiny dots, (infantry) and I took out 3 guys with one clip! (71 ammo.) Now, +100/150 meters is pretty far, so can you imagine the true power and fury of SMG's in servers?

Rak

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2005
D
Online play is boring. I prefer playing against "Ramm" instead, I'll be teh uber RO master when I beat him D:

Letum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 24, 2006
Yer, I don't think anyone really plays RO online.
With bots this good who needs people?

BeserkWraithlor

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 3, 2006
Arizona
Amazing how I make a thread about PPSH sniping, then you guys talk about bots, and how horrible RO's multiplayer is. It seems that you guys want to keep the No recoil bug for SMGs, a secret.

BeserkWraithlor

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 3, 2006
Arizona
On laggy servers, or when you are fighting bots, SMGs have NO RECOIL, so the gun is stiff like a rock. You can shoot an entire clip without the gun moving or swaying. People exploit this, and use it to there advantage, espeically in long ranges.

Look at this video for proof:http://youtube.com/watch?v=QsQ--MQyBo0. The first time the guy is shooting his gun, there is no recoil, which is the bug. After he reloads and shoots, thats the guns, Real recoil.

Posted by emptyempty:
I exploit it... I record using fraps so my FPS can go **** low so i can PPSH41 snipe.

BeserkWraithlor

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 3, 2006
Arizona
Wrong!

Even in online play, the bug exists. I managed to snipe a person hundreds of meters away with an SMG in Arad with ease, and with 71 rounds, the thing unleashes hell right out of the barrel!

Last edited:

Sgt._Geist

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 23, 2006
Yes it is bull****........ especially if you have a PPSh go prone... hes an automatic Machinegun who can snip a great distance... BULL**** I SAY TO YOU!

slyder73

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 3, 2006
Vancouver
To burst your bubble.. that bug only happens in practice mode ... :p

No, it happens when framerate drops really low. The recoil for the SMG is dropped and you get an ubergun. For all those playing with older systems who get crappy framerates...the no recoil with low framerate is the only thing that makes the game actually playable LOL