• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Holy crap! PPSH Sniping!

Wraithor is right, I've never tried it at that extreme distances, but the true power of the PPSH (and anything else automatic, including machine guns) is revealed when I go onto my other comp (very very nice memory but mid-range/lower grade gfx, works OK at all settings medium), I can pin down snipers with my PPSH as if I had a machine gun!

Even with the recoil bug I burst for better accuracy, but it's a piece of cake to cut people down from a long ways off. Just duck and watch out for riflemen, cause they still can have the drop on you, but the recoil bug closes the range gap pretty quickly :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Got to agree with this statement. No matter how simple it is to cover caps on the way to new caps most players have NFI. A good team, human or bot covers their caps and work from there to new caps.

Couldn't agree more. Actually had a Russian team tonight I was on start *****ing at me cause I was using VOIP to try to get some of them to defend and move in to recap points together. Their response..."I'm just here to shoot people, it's a pub server, I'll do what I want." My response.....switch teams instantly. I don't play with idiots.

Upvote 0
Couldn't agree more. Actually had a Russian team tonight I was on start *****ing at me cause I was using VOIP to try to get some of them to defend and move in to recap points together. Their response..."I'm just here to shoot people, it's a pub server, I'll do what I want." My response.....switch teams instantly. I don't play with idiots.

I know the feeling. Unfortunately it's not much fun to play against idiots like that either. Might as well play against bots.

Upvote 0
Wraithor is right, I've never tried it at that extreme distances, but the true power of the PPSH (and anything else automatic, including machine guns) is revealed when I go onto my other comp (very very nice memory but mid-range/lower grade gfx, works OK at all settings medium), I can pin down snipers with my PPSH as if I had a machine gun!

Even with the recoil bug I burst for better accuracy, but it's a piece of cake to cut people down from a long ways off. Just duck and watch out for riflemen, cause they still can have the drop on you, but the recoil bug closes the range gap pretty quickly :rolleyes:

With the recoil bug, you don't have to burst or anything. Point at a target and unleash all your rounds on him! The SMG with the bug suddenly becomes an Uber Machinegun that has increadible accuracy.

Upvote 0
the quake 3 engines physics and weapon recoil were heavily dependant on your FPS for example with your framerate capped at 125fps you could jump higher and longer, 76 fps was a good cap for those who couldnt reach 125 but then of course when they game was 4-5 years old and people could get 333fps with uber PCs - you saw them jump like leopards.

In Enemy Territory, capping fps at 76 reduced pistol recoil a lot but didnt effect smgs as they hadnt much recoil anyway, I suppose something similar is going here with the PPSH recoil in RO.

Upvote 0
Thankfully people with old slow systems normaly load slow and dont get the smgs that often. They normaly get stuck with rifles unless someone leaves the server. so the bug isnt all that bad. It does need to be fixed though.

This isn't true on all maps. For example on Stalingrad Kessel, I'm pretty sure there are 8 smgs, meaning half the russian team will have them. Even one player with a bugged PPSh can make a huge difference. Back before I stopped using the PPSh due to it being bugged on my system I'd routinely kill admin building snipers from the entrance to assembly with the flames. It also made CQC trivial, as you can unload 71 rounds without pause, often allowing you to spray down 5 enemy players at once.

Upvote 0