• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to make him even regret taking the time to respond, douche. Try talking to him like he's not an asshole.

Not my choice. This is something that TWI are continually avoiding to answer properly. When we do get a dev reply, he tells us the following:

It does add to the challange as rifleman, making the class even more special to me actually. It's the class of choice for people looking for a challange.

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Uh no. Whether or not you're going to agree with him, you have all the power in the world to post like an adult and not a jerk who thinks he has the upper hand. If you expect more of Tripwire, they can arguably be expecting more out of you too. He's not insulting you, why don't you return the favor.

Upvote 0
a bunch of whiny crap

yeah there's too many autos but you didn't have to be a huge arse about it.

the wounding system works just fine? everytime I've shot someone center of mass or in the head they've died the only times they haven't have been grazing shots or low calibre weapons. if you're having serious issue putting people down with a rifle maybe it's your aim that's off, not the wounding system.

Upvote 0
I am personally a fan of rifles and I would like to see more bolts in our rounds then semi's and full auto's, but our design team made a different choice. Which is perfectly fine by me personally as well.
It does add to the challange as rifleman, making the class even more special to me actually. It's the class of choice for people looking for a challange.

I can still handle myself pretty well in a semi/auto rich enviroment, but you have to pick your battles, litterally. For one, I make sure the servers i join don't run 64 player Apartments, because it's madness. I look up Pavlovs, Spartanovka, Commissars, RedOctoberFactory etcetera or any other map that allows riflemen to perform their role properly. Or I make sure that on the smaller maps I play on are on servers featuring 32 players max. I personally feel 32 to 40 players is the perfect number for RO2 maps which btw are not smaller then the RO1 TWI maps.

For your bandaging comment: As far as I'm aware of, the type of wounds that you now can bleed out on were not lethal in RO1. So this bandaging wounds is not 'cheating death' as you put it. Wounds just became more detailed in RO2: Instant death, death, slow death, bandagable bleedout wounds, non lethal wounds. In RO1 you had: Lethal, non lethal. In the Mod you had lethal, crippeling, non lethal.
You did not really answer the questions revolving in this topic.
Namely, how about that hero status and the rarity of the rare weapons being NOT rare?
Please dont pussyfoot around the crucial things, many companies do that and it gives them bad rep.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So a mauser bullet to center of gravity that is magically cured in 1 second is
a light wound? I call bull****. Tell your design team to cut on MW2

I agree that that is not how it should work and I'm pretty sure the rest of the team agrees on that too. I also see servers with latency problems - and I'm noticing that a lot of these occurances happen when everybodies ping is 100 something. I've seen weird things happen on servers that suffer from this. I'm not saying that is the cause, but I'm saying taking a Mauser slug in the chest and walk was not a designed feature.

Last edited:
Reactions: RiccardoTheBeAst
Upvote 0
yeah there's too many autos but you didn't have to be a huge arse about it.

the wounding system works just fine? everytime I've shot someone center of mass or in the head they've died the only times they haven't have been grazing shots or low calibre weapons. if you're having serious issue putting people down with a rifle maybe it's your aim that's off, not the wounding system.

Like I mentioned before, I would have been more inclined to be a little more polite were the developer more inclined to not give a BS reason regarding "design team" or that I must "take the bolt for a challange".

I did say that headshots and good torso shots kill, no doubt about it. However you cannot deny that there is no complexity in the wounding system when men are dropping to the floor after taking a bullet (or four!) and patching up within two seconds to be fine and dandy again. If there is any complexity in there, it's well buried and barely noticable.

Upvote 0
I hate to be impolite but I could swear some of you lack reading comprehension. Just because an employee of TWI posts here doesn't mean ZOMG HE HAS THE ANSWERS! They're not all alike, SasQuatch isn't the one who made the call on bolts and he in fact said, in his own way, that he personally agrees with you. So as the great Chris Farley said, shut your yappers :cool:

Really this whole controversy can be resolved right now by just allowing servers to customize their class compositions. Then there would be PLENTY of servers with majority riflemen for us RO1ers, and still lots of SMGs and assault rifle servers for players who like that sort of thing.

Upvote 0
Like I mentioned before, I would have been more inclined to be a little more polite were the developer more inclined to not give a BS reason regarding "design team" or that I must "take the bolt for a challange".

I did say that headshots and good torso shots kill, no doubt about it. However you cannot deny that there is no complexity in the wounding system when men are dropping to the floor after taking a bullet (or four!) and patching up within two seconds to be fine and dandy again. If there is any complexity in there, it's well buried and barely noticable.

it worked the exact same way in RO1 except in RO1 you just had to wait a few moments for your health to 'regen' and you were slightly worse off before you were shot but still okay. Ro2 system makes you bandage before this 'regen' kicks in and if you're shot soon after bandaging in a similar place you'll drop dead

Upvote 0
it worked the exact same way in RO1 except in RO1 you just had to wait a few moments for your health to 'regen' and you were slightly worse off before you were shot but still okay. Ro2 system makes you bandage before this 'regen' kicks in and if you're shot soon after bandaging in a similar place you'll drop dead

Did health regen in RO:I? I seem to recall that once you were shot, you were shot. This still does not account for the lack of 'detail' or 'complexity' in the RO:II system. Hell, foot-shots in RO:I used to slow the player down. This doesn't happen in RO:II. One may now bandage up and be brand new after the foot shot.

If anything, RO:I had the superior system for realism settings.

Reactions: billyboy
Upvote 0
Hell, foot-shots in RO:I used to slow the player down. This doesn't happen in RO:II. One may now bandage up and be brand new after the foot shot.
And it couldn't be that, after the metric truckload of stuff they tried to finish before release, they didn't have the time to put in or write the "shot in the foot makes you run 20% slower" code?

The fact my bandaged arm still likes to tell me it's shot on occasion makes me think it's just one more thing that'll get done at some point. Like a lot of stuff.

Upvote 0
and I'm noticing that a lot of these occurances happen when everybodies ping is 100 something.

There's a major problem here, though.

For this game at the moment, the lowish to mid hundreds are the best ping that most players seem to be able to get, regardless of the quality of their internet connection and the ping they get in other games.

This is with relation to servers that run with 40 players or less. I try to avoid higher than this like the plague.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some of you guys are taking this to such a personal level on SasQuatch that you'd warrant a punch out if you said it that way to his face -- which internet toughguys would never do.

The guy took the time out to join the discussion, seems to be speaking honestly (he actually seems to be the only one at least somewhat open on these things from TWI), and you wanna get personal with him because you think that somebody else has been lying. It's one thing to state your opinion in a calm way, but another to be a belligerant jackass.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.