• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes of the West (Western Front mod)

I just watched some videos on the Black Ops 3 reveal, a large, I really mean large amount of viewers posted that they wish a WWII setting, they are tired of this future and mech bs. This is excellent news folks, if we manage to have our mod up and running in November 2015 with iconic battles such as D-Day, Njimegen, Ardennes Offensive and such, we could gain a large player base. :)

Upvote 0
I just watched some videos on the Black Ops 3 reveal, a large, I really mean large amount of viewers posted that they wish a WWII setting, they are tired of this future and mech bs. This is excellent news folks, if we manage to have our mod up and running in November 2015 with iconic battles such as D-Day, Njimegen, Ardennes Offensive and such, we could gain a large player base. :)

Except they're COD players......

Upvote 0
I think the main issue was to rename the 500 files, the next recordings will already have the correct designations. I assume the next release features them. :)

Commander Shepard ultimately decides what goes in the patches when. He has the package.

But yes renaming each individual files was the hardest part. Not to mention native german and american lines used different naming conventions.

The most tedious part is adding all the files to the game with the necessary effects. That took hours of doing the same thing over and over and over again. And then you realised after you had done it all you had missed out one setting. Open each sound node change that setting, rinse, repeat.

Upvote 0
Commander Shepard ultimately decides what goes in the patches when. He has the package.

But yes renaming each individual files was the hardest part. Not to mention native german and american lines used different naming conventions.

The most tedious part is adding all the files to the game with the necessary effects. That took hours of doing the same thing over and over and over again. And then you realised after you had done it all you had missed out one setting. Open each sound node change that setting, rinse, repeat.

Jesus I don't envy you, but you're making HoW better with each update so keep up the fantastic work

Upvote 0
Commander Shepard ultimately decides what goes in the patches when.

Sure, I'm simply really looking forward to more immersion. The naming convention seems ****ed up, in CoD everything is the same like:
Ger_inform_attack_grenade
US_inform_attack_grenade

But as I said, future recordings will already have the correct names.

Upvote 0
Sure, I'm simply really looking forward to more immersion. The naming convention seems ****ed up, in CoD everything is the same like:
Ger_inform_attack_grenade
US_inform_attack_grenade

But as I said, future recordings will already have the correct names.

Well tripwire made RO2 and AMG made rising storm. Not surprising that they're different really.

Upvote 0
Well, Treyarch and Infinity Ward do games interchangeably and they got the same conventions. Anyways, I just hope I did not do all the hard work in vain.

Speaking of hard work, during my free time when I'm not studying I have been daydreaming about trailers. Been thinking about scenes we could record.
I still believe that our big chance is close to November this year, despite people want a Call of Duty set in WWII, the majority of servers was running hard core mode with World at War or Black Ops. And still, people miss D-Day, miss the huge battles and despise the future atmosphere and gimmicks such as exosuits and drones.
We just need to be ready in October to shoot trailers and fetch the big fish.

Upvote 0