• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Help me estimate the time to unlock

Littlenorwegians

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 10, 2011
Right, so here's the scenario. Quite simple.

Me unlocking the ammo belt for the MG34.

Now how long does this take is the questions.
Let's say I get to play only each weekend and I generally play 1-3 hours each weekend and in total I get around 100 kills each weekend.

Now, I have no idea how the stat system goes for weapons in this game, if it requires more kills at later levels or what's going on. Just wanna ballpark it, see how much time it will take.

1-3 hours per week, as in 100 kills per weekend, makes 400 kills per month. So no, it will take, even with double exp roughly ~2-4 months.
But due to the fact that double exp won't run that long it will probably be longer.
Wait so it can take half a year if I dedicate all my time to one class, using one weapon(MG34) on one team (German)?

For an unlock?

This is the demotivating version of Skinner Box...

Upvote 0
OK, so this leads to that very, very few will have these unlocks and those who do have them are crazy dedicated and skilled (And are of course those who need them most, right?)

I mean, I can understand. Most of these weapons have 1 unlock, fine, CoD this ain't, which is good. But this will require an enormous amount of time.

And again you need to always pick one team, pick an exact class and use that exact weapon (No sidearm tomfoolery) for half a year if you're somewhat dedicated.

Reverse Skinner box: Usually in games, there's small rewards every now and then. Play awhile and you complete a level, but along that way are powerups, coins, XP, weapons and so on that you pick up as rewards.
This works the other way by having a nearly unreachable goal. (Unreachable for most players)

Upvote 0
You are talking about 1-3 hours per week, that is in my book not much. Average players vary from 7-20 hours per week, more dedicated 20-30 and hardcore gamers from 30- anything. I play 1-3 hours per day, and after the reset I am now Battle Hardened with MG, yet only Level 23 with the MG34. I would consider myself above average and have played MGClass only. I get lots of kills, up to 68 on Pavlovs House with the MG. So for me it will probably take 2-3 weeks till i get that Belt unlock. But i have already seen some people with the Double drums, who were level 30-40.

So i guess if you don't have that much time, you can't expect to get it that fast.

Upvote 0
I got drum mag unlock a few maps ago. I got 50+ on the kar. Am currently working on the semi autos. All legit except the 15 or so extra levels I got on the kar on account of the bug.

I am not touching the mp40 or the mbk at all. I want it to be as long as possible before I get the dual mag mp40 and the scoped-bayonet mbk from hell.

Upvote 0
So much for unlocks taking a long time.

Honestly the time I just spent unlocking that belt wasn't even really worth it. People are whining about the speculation of people running around with a "Rambo" style of game play doesn't require a 250 round belt, if I want to do that I can still do it with the stock MG drum.

Upvote 0
Well I'm lvl 38 with mg-34 right now. Also hit honor lvl 73. I don't exclusively play MG though, its just my main class. I usually get more honor as commander or SL which are my other 2 big classes though. Still my G-41, SVT-40 and DPT-28 are all only around lvl 15 so I've put most of my time into the mg-34. I'd say avg about 50 kills a match means I'll get it sometime this weekend or next week though. If you know the good mg spots its not that hard to do. Once I lvled it up some its a lot better at "Ramboing", but its not better than a semi-auto, auto or assault gun. Most of my Rambo kills where I don't die are against riflemen, or people I kill through walls or getting the drop on someone. 90%+ are setting up in a good spot and mowing people over whether offensive or defensive mg.

Upvote 0