• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

HE vs Armored cars

PETERPANs

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
HE ammo should be stronger vs armored cars.

Suggestions:
1. allow HE to shatter crew inside for some seconds - blur view - make them blind, shake screen
2. make higher chance to flip armored car to one side if you shot it from side so you imobile it.
3. higher calibre (more than 50mm) of HE should imobile or damage speed vehicle by one direct hit.

Yes. Although I love RO1 with all my heart, I cringe every time I see a tank shell bounce off a clown car or halftrack. Same with HE shells not killing/disabling them.
The shells never BOUNCED off of lightly armored vehicles, EVER. But I did hate it when the clown car could survive a direct hit with an AP shell from a panzer 4.... its happened to me while I was the one with the clown car lol.

Upvote 0
Actually, HE shells of the 50mm and 75mm guns have a penetration capability of around 25-35mm, plenty for an APC like the 223, 251/1 or the BA-64.

The results would be the thing being blown to pieces (not literally).

sounds good :)

"being blown to pieces"

So make more love for HE tripwire, we need to fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Karabiner98k
Upvote 0
Yea, we shouldn't have people working on RS either since the host game has not been released yet ;).

No but in all seriousness, this is something that should be looked into and is worth talking about for the future implementation of light vehicles. If you have played RO1 and shot an armored car with a tank and have the thing ,on occasion, drive off with no damage at all you know there is a problem. The BA64 isn't THAT armored.

Upvote 0
I can't fathom an AP tank shell not stopping a clown car in its tracks:confused:

There isn't a whole lot of empty space in a clown car, so if the round didn't hit any areas vital to the vehicle's operation, then the round must have gone through the driver's compartment, which I'm pretty sure would kill any living thing inside.

As for deflecting tank rounds, I would think that a deflected medium tank round would knock ANY armoured car on its side.

Upvote 0
i remember i was in a cromwall and i while lone tanking (no one wants to teamtank these days.) took out a tigerll (yea the driver was stupid and at low hp.) but he had the first shot and bounced off my side rear armor don't ask how it happened. :confused: im still at a loss for a whole bunch of stuff in what i just wrote. :eek:

whoops i just revived an old thread. :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0