• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Have they fixed 1st bullet not firing on beta server?

I think that it has something to do with the state of the player just before or during his death, or right before the respawn. Like holding the mouse button the moment you're dying, or pressing the mouse button to switch between players while spectating. That kind of stuff.

Perhaps it has something to do with bleedout? I just tested some of those conditions (holding down fire/melee or switching weapons), and nothing seemed to induce this problem; the only time it happened was after I died from a bleedout (well, a bleedout interrupted by a burst of SVT fire).

Upvote 0
In my experience it happens when firing from the hip only, maybe you should look into the moment when you exit sprint and attempt to fire.

Happens to me plenty when I'm still, in ADS, drawing a bead on a guy....and nothing. The surprise almost always makes me let down my ADS, and by the time I refocus...I've lost my shot. This bug has cost me dozens of kills in that kind of scenario.

Upvote 0
Happens after the start of every round, you can see it very clearly (or well i can see it) if i switch weapons, then i scroll mouse and have to click TWICE to select another weapon. Which means the first click basically doesn't count as such after every single respawn of mine.

Well, that should be a good hint as to where the problem might be.
It has little to do with actually firing a weapon and more with the mouse input.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess this is the *Official* fire bug brainstorming thread. Just looking for patterns.

First, do we know whether it happens with everyone or just certain setups?

It seems to me to be related to holding down the sprint/zoom button when firing. Have your tried separating the sprint and zoom commands and replicating? Could it have to do with custom binds or unique input hardware? I changed sprint to thumb1 on my MX518 mouse and seem to get the fire bug awfully frequently. (It's my #1 complaint.) Could it have to do with A) how quickly you fire after stopping holding down WASD while still holding sprint or B) how quickly you fire after zooming?

Just throwing out ideas.

Upvote 0
I've noticed it only tends to happen shorty after coming out of some other "animation" or player state. Such as if I am just coming out of a sprint, pull up my weapon into irons, press left mouse the first time and nothing happens, then press again and start firing. I think its happened a few times coming up from a crouch or after vaulting over an obstacle.

Mainly what I am thinking is has something to do with character animations/player states. I am no expert of course.

Upvote 0
I've noticed it only tends to happen shorty after coming out of some other "animation" or player state. Such as if I am just coming out of a sprint, pull up my weapon into irons, press left mouse the first time and nothing happens, then press again and start firing. I think its happened a few times coming up from a crouch or after vaulting over an obstacle.

Mainly what I am thinking is has something to do with character animations/player states. I am no expert of course.

This is what I was about to post because this is exactly when it happens to me every time it happens.

Upvote 0

Maybe doing a secondary action in the middle of the animation causes it? (shooting, weapon selection etc).

Upvote 0