• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Has RO reached perfection?

Actually we do gauge the reaction of the forums after every patch to try and get a handle on how the community in general is reacting to it. We have been pretty pleased over all with the last few patches introduced. However .....

I think we still have a few tricks up our sleeves (other then bug fixing) that will make the community happier still. :) What are they you ask? Stay tuned ....

But speaking of bug fixing ....
/me wonders where the VOIP chat bug went, and a few other nasty bugs

What are these "tricks" I must know!

Upvote 0
Is it just me, or has the complaining stopped?

Actually, what has happened is TWI has bought off the worst of the serial whiners with free handouts that they get from the marketing departments of big tech companies.

Cheers for the mouse, guys! I actually thought my level of whinging about the Russian voice commands meritted at least a new gfx card, but, hey, freebies is freebies.;)

:D:D

Upvote 0
Thats human nature- when we'll finaly reach heaven we'll get bored with it after a week.
yes thats "suicidal" human nature... eg you love some song, you listen it hundred times again and again and than you realize you do not like that anymore, same with love, same with everything we do.... just need to find the "Golden section" in what you (we) are doing.

Upvote 0
Personally i gave up suggesting stuff or complaining after some dev told that they dont aim realism but rather easy to play realism(or something like that),namely 10 smgs 2 snipers 8 semi autos 2 Mgs per team so everybody picks a fancy weapon for his pixel-self,even if he cant shoot for **** he can still be happy with his multiple nade kills.

Upvote 0
Well, on the first page I see "Big servers are a BIG mistake," "Guest Passes - BIGGEST MISTAKE," and "Excessive Tk'ing last night." Right after the latest version, we had a lot of arguing about how many automatics were in-game, and whether or not it was a proportional increase. Bickering over grenades is ongoing.

So, no, the complaining hasn't stopped. It's just concentrated into a few small areas.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
yes thats "suicidal" human nature... eg you love some song, you listen it hundred times again and again and than you realize you do not like that anymore, same with love, same with everything we do.... just need to find the "Golden section" in what you (we) are doing.

There's a great song by P.J. Harvey that sums it up perfectley, its called "Is that all there is" I think.

Upvote 0
Well I don't really complain that much anymore, because I don't expect the devs to do anything. I mean the tanks are still retarded but with Armoured Beasts and the REAL tanks maps like Orel, BDJ, and Debrechen I think it's about as good as it gets on RO:O. Without the community making real tank maps and mods RO tanking would be a joke as far as "simulation level tank combat at up to 800 meters". TW still hasn't put out a true tank map, or tank for that matter.

The SMG's will stay wrong because of balance issues and I don't expect TW to do anything because it's already been a year and 4 months.

BUT the community is making great projects and I'm really excited about the Darkest Hour mod.

Regardless RO was waaaaay worth the 20 bucks that my friend paid for :p, and whatever TW's new game is I will buy a new computer and play it.

Upvote 0
No they are not out yet, t34 in beta-stage, steelfury in alpha-stage.
Btw, I prefer ww2 tanking too, but silly thing I noticed: combat is not very different from modernday tankcombat in games. Distances are different, speed too, but overal it has many more similarities then differences with ww2-tankwarfare (in games that is).

Monk.

Upvote 0