• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Has it really been five years? :(

Fine, you've got a problem with my government. I understand that, I do, too sometimes. But I don't go pestering and badgering random people on the street about it. I don't go kicking people in the shins in the financial district because of it. If I'm gonna badger or commit battery on people, it's going to be the officials of the government I have the problem with.

On the contrary, I think it makes perfectly sense that the targets were the WTC and the Pentagon.
The imperialism that the Jihadist movements fight is not the political imperialism we've seen two hundred years ago, but economical imperialism. That's why I think the WTC was a more logical choice than the Capitol or the White House.

Upvote 0
Um, not every human is the same it has nothing to do with going out more :rolleyes:

And what's the bs about "Do you have any friends or family or anyone you care about that makes other people flesh and bone to you?" so just because they didn't feel anything at 9/11 they are heartless maniacs that would kill their own family? Get back to reality, most of them never been to the US or heard anything about the WTC. Hard to feel affected when you don't know anyone personally down there. And you know why? Because if I did cry back then I would have to cry every day or else I'd be a hypocrite. Each day more people die under inhuman conditions, earthquakes, civil wars etc.
And being not affected by such a tragedy doesn't mean that people do not care about life or justice. Personally I prefer when people stay calm, I bet you know why.......*war cough cough*

Stop judging people you don't know. I doubt that you are affected by everything that happens.

Yea I know, I got a little heated there:(. I am not saying everyone has to be in tears about it I just think it is sort of odd that someone can say they felt nothing about it. I mean it was a pretty sad event wasn't it?

Same thing with all the deaths in Iraq -- especially civilians. It's all really f'ed up no matter who you are. I don't think you have to know someone there or have traveled there to empathize at least enough to acknowledge that is was a very sad day and the tragedy continues in Iraq.

And Yes, people are dying all the time all over the world in ways that could be avoided and that is very sad as well and I wish it would make people wake up and think twice about all the superficial bull**** they complain about in the comfort of their modern and very luxurious lives, by comparison to most of the rest of the world--like the guy in the cubicle next to mine *****ing because he has to fly coach on a business trip and he is oh so tall and it's soooo uncomfortable. It's the self-centeredness I abhor. And, no I am not talking about 9/11 anymore. Ranting on and on.

But who cares, right? We have all our goodies and all this cool stuff, right?

You may have read the family/friends thing wrong--not sure how you got "kill your family" out of that but what I meant was that if you have people close to you one tends to empathize better in general.

Last edited:
Upvote 0