• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Has it really been five years? :(

People who would show up at the memorial service and do that deserve a bullet, nay a bayonetting.

I thought you still can express your opinion freely in the USA... and I don't see how questioning the officially published view on what happened that day has anything to do with the mourning.
Sadly, those people are dead, and that event changed the world for the worse, no matter if the Al Quaida, the CIA, the mossad or someone else might be responsible...

Upvote 0
Sad day, It's always hard to handle when so many innocent people die in such a tragedy. New York is and always was a city where many people come/came together NO MATTER where they are from, keep that up and be strong.

Though, I hope that there is gonna be a "commemoration" soon for all the dead Iraqi people :rolleyes: . Personally I even consider Iraqi soldiers as innocent, what would you do if someone attacks your country?
We have to remember the 9/11 and honor the victims (all of them, even the aftermath victims). I do not want to see the next war anytime soon :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I was on my way to work, for some reason I turned my CD-changer off and tuned into KGO 810 AM, I heard the first report of a small plane flying into the first tower, then a few minutes later the second plane hit and I knew something evil was going on.

I met Grasso(an ancient Family friend) underneath the parking structure beneath the 280 freeway downtown San Jose, he was listening to some Skynard when I told him to turn on the radio. The rest of my crew showed up, freaked out, and we shared a doobie to calm the group down. Without which, a couple of doods on my crew were talking of rounding up Arabs for beatings. I hope I prevented that.
The guys jumped into the back of my truck and we drove the 3 blocks up-town to our job, The Fairmont Hotel in Downtown. About the time we arrived, dozens of planes were landing at the SJ Airport. Hundreds of guys were standing around in disbelief, my friend Jeff was looking very nervous, and I started kidding him about ICBM's heading over the Polar Ice Caps, that is when he bummed a cig off me and started smoking again. At around 10am I sent the crew home with a half days pay.

The following Saturday, my cousin and I went to the National Guard Recruiting Station in Gilroy. I was rejected because when I was 18 I got busted at Christmas Hill Park with a joint, and plead guilty in court. This disqualified me for Military service. If I had known that, I would have hired a lawyer and fought the charges in court, since the search was borderline illegal, I told the officer that he did not have permission to search my vehicle but he did anyway. A few weeks later that Officer was suspended for misconduct in an unrelated arrest.

I am very disapointed that we did not nuke someone that day. God Bless the selfless Firemen and Cops, without whom many more people would have surely been killed. Seing those people jump from the Towers holding hands made me cry, and I wanted revenge.

It seems to me that we are backsliding in the War on Terror, Iran will get nukes, Korea already has them, the majority of the outside World hates USA. Usama is still on the loose. Iraq was the only secular country in the region, and now Iraq is a hotbed for terror. We dont have the man-power to strike at Iran, and I believe they are the root of all terrorism. We are now between a rock and a hard place.

Upvote 0
I'm just preparing myself for when the next terrorist attack will hit. The London and Madrid bombings reminded me that there is still is still a chance that, one day, we'll walk into work or school and have another long day of silence, staring at the news.
Unfortunatly yes, attacks are nothing new and there's zilch your average person can do about it :( There was even an IRA bomb in my home town about 30 years ago.

Best solution is to NOT let them change your lives. You start living in fear, and they've won.

Upvote 0
I would have to agree with a few other people in this thread that I was not really moved by the event. I agree it was terrible ofcourse and I in no way mean any disrespect to anyone affected by it.
At my school many people went home and there were rumors going around about bomb threats and such. When the school day finally ended and I went home there was some excitement as to what all had happened but nothing beyond that.

Upvote 0
Didn't move me. I've never kinda cared about if something bad happens somewhere. It would've move me if I'd knew even one of the victims but I don't know anyone from there so it's like whatever.

Thats just the way I am. No disrespect or anything.
Sad.

I was at school and half the kids didn't even know what the WTC's were. The horror didn't hit most of the students or people until they saw the event actually taking place on TV. My principal wouldn't let any of the teachers turn it on. We got out of school early that day. I went home, turned on the TV and pretty much sat there the entire day. I certainly have never felt so down in my life. Terrorist attacks that happen anywhere are just sad.

Upvote 0
I do have to wonder about the people who say they had no feelings about the event.

I mean seriously? Are you just too cool? So jaded? Or is it too many video games and movies? (Maybe those folks are right about us gamers....?) Do you have any friends or family or anyone you care about that makes other people flesh and bone to you?

Maybe I am just a "wuss" and things like this make me feel for those who suffered loss (I admit, I am married and a parent so maybe that has "softened me up") but then again, to me, you sound like you are one step away from being a sociopath. I could be wrong.

Maybe you need to get out a little more....

Upvote 0
what happened to me on that day reminds me of jon stewart's speech. He talked about when martin luther king jr. got shot and there was rioting. He said he got to sit under his desk and was happy to "eat cottage cheese". On 9/11 I woke up around 5am for school, the TV was on and my dad was watching. I saw the news showing footage of a tower with smoke. I dont believe I saw the action happening, just the first tower getting hit. I never really heard of the WTC at that time, I thought it was an accident or something. I was young and never really cared about what went on in the world.
We lived on an army base and I went to an onbase military school.. here in Hawaii. They shut down the bases and set the alert up to the highest. There was no school for a week and I was happy. They began to do security checks and searches. Muslims would get pulled over and searched especially. I still remember this one lady with the scarf around her head. She was pulled over for a security check and she was shouting at the soldier.

Upvote 0
Nah, we didn't think we were immune to terrorists. We'd had to deal with a few small-ish ones, the most infamous being Oklahoma City.

What gets me, and I think quite a few of my fellow Americans, so riled about it is the wrongness of what happened.

Fine, you've got a problem with my government. I understand that, I do, too sometimes. But I don't go pestering and badgering random people on the street about it. I don't go kicking people in the shins in the financial district because of it. If I'm gonna badger or commit battery on people, it's going to be the officials of the government I have the problem with.

Blowing up Congress (or whatever other branch...) would have been despicable, yes. But at least that would have made more sense than slaughtering a bunch of innocent civilians who'd never done a single thing to wrong their attackers, unless just living, simple existance, is such a horrible thing.

It's the kind of thing that I think strikes a lot of people as the absolute lowest of low, the most cowardly and unfathomable act you can commit: purposely attacking a large number of innocent civilians.

Yes, the deaths in Iraq and Afganistan are bad things, but at least we're going after combatants, not singling out non-combatants who've never done a bad thing to us.

I know one reason it hit me especially hard was that my father is an ex-firefighter, and my mother was a reserve police officer for several years (not to mention all the people in those professions I've known over the years). The stories of the fire and police personnel who ran into the WTC and never back out again still make my blood boil. These are GOOD people, hard-working regular people like you and me (well... like me anyway. :p ) doing a job because they want to HELP other people.

They deserved so much better.

Upvote 0