• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hardcore realism mode.

I don't understand the whole drum mag unlock crap. I'm going to assume im among the few people on this forum who have fired a PPsh41 using both drum and stick mags and i can easily tell you now, i would take a stick over a drum any day of the week. The drum mag jams so ****ing much its stupid. It also makes the weapon a **** tonne heavier.

Just out of curiosity how old was the drum you were firing from :p

Upvote 0
thing is that often the springs in those kind of drums get kinda meh, over time. In a way its a similar system of the retractable cable for vacuum cleaners, and that mechanism always breaks for me the first.

I've seen plenty of youtube videos showcasing a ppsh with drum constantly jamming, but most readings about the gun seemed to praise it for its reliability. Which is why I wondered.

Upvote 0
thing is that often the springs in those kind of drums get kinda meh, over time. In a way its a similar system of the retractable cable for vacuum cleaners, and that mechanism always breaks for me the first.

I've seen plenty of youtube videos showcasing a ppsh with drum constantly jamming, but most readings about the gun seemed to praise it for its reliability. Which is why I wondered.

Magazine =/= Gun, seperate components really considering how often they are detached.

The PPsh is a reliable gun, but the drum magazine had reliability issues. I imagine, even with the infrequent jam on newer drum magazines, you'd probably want the drum for close combat. The PPsh has a rather obscene rate of fire, and if you plan on using the fully auto function you'd probably eat through your 35 round box quite quickly.

Upvote 0