• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Happy New Year Mercs! Please take a moment to fill out the SoTG Survey

I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 255 featured items
Is this an avenue to make suggestions on the survey itself? I did fill one out.

For the most part it's fine, I can see what you were going for, but may I suggest the following in accord with some of the sections:
  1. On the "are you comfortable with each perk" page, maybe add a comment box for "why do you enjoy this perk? / what aspects of the perk do you enjoy or dislike?" As an example, Support is definitely my weakest perk of the lot and thus I don't feel as comfortable with it nearly as much as others, but I'm confident enough that I could still hold my own on anything below Hell on Earth. Now, just because I'm not that comfortable with the perk doesn't mean it's bad, just that I don't jive with it to the extent that I do for Sharpshooter or Commando.
  2. On the weapons subsection for each perk, maybe add a comment field for comments on certain weapons. For example, I can tell you--broadly speaking--on a scale of 1-5 how a weapon performs for me, but not why I dislike the weapon, or why it's too good, or what could be done to improve said weapon. Or--and this is a big one--saying why I don't like a weapon in the context of the game's mechanics and don't want it to be "improved." I'm suggesting this mostly with HRGs and crossperks in mind but it never hurts for mainline perk weapons either.
  3. See the above, but for skills. If I have a certain loadout in mind with weapons that need certain skills to be truly effective, but the skills are otherwise crap in a vacuum, that's hard to communicate from the perspective of rating them as a line item each.

Upvote 0
Completed the survey. I personally look forward to QoL fixes this year, here are some suggestions:
  1. Allow players to delete/recycle any inventory item
  2. Whenever some one uninstalls KF2: force automatic deletion of the KillingFloor2 folder at C:\Documents\My Games. Potentially corrupt ghost folders should not linger without the player's knowledge.
  3. Strive to create a smooth experience. The following events/actions will trigger short freezes:
    • Landing the first headshot
    • Picking up a new weapon
    • Defeating the boss
    • Players loading in. Additional cosmetics will worsen the freeze
    • There are probably more freeze issues on mid- to low-end computers, judging by various forum discussions over the years.
  4. Another long lasting issue is the pre-caching sequence on startup. This one hasn't bothered me but many players are stuck using hard drives. Perhaps evaluate what's necessary and what's not?
  5. Display server IP on lobby HUD.
  6. Assign employees to oversee whitelisting of mods.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Completed the survey. I personally look forward to QoL fixes this year, here are some suggestions:
  1. Allow players to delete/recycle any inventory item
  2. Whenever some one uninstalls KF2: force automatic deletion of the KillingFloor2 folder at C:\Documents\My Games. Potentially corrupt ghost folders should not linger without the player's knowledge.
  3. Strive to create a smooth experience. The following events/actions will trigger short freezes:
    • Landing the first headshot
    • Picking up a new weapon
    • Defeating the boss
    • Players loading in. Additional cosmetics will worsen the freeze
    • There are probably more freeze issues on mid- to low-end computers, judging by various forum discussions over the years.
  4. Another long lasting issue is the pre-caching sequence on startup. This one hasn't bothered me but many players are stuck using hard drives. Perhaps evaluate what's necessary and what's not?
  5. Display server IP on lobby HUD.
  6. Assign employees to oversee whitelisting of mods.
Thank you for the feedback!

Upvote 0