• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hand wound disarm

this has been asked for many times

I like you lot would love to see this feature back, it added to the tension for me running over open ground you never knew would some lucky shot would leave you with a weapon and having to go back to get one :)

We can only hope they eventually add this back

Upvote 0
When I think about picking up weapons, I have vile memories. So many times I have tried to pick up a weapon desperately as I was just armed with a bolt and my squad leader dropped an SMG. ****'s obnoxious! If you try to pick that thing up and it won't spawn in your hands. Hadayyymn!
Something else is picking up a weapon, you hear the pick up sound and then you want to switch to this weapon it's not in your inventory.
Yeah! I picked up a gun yet it's not in my inventory! Excellent.

If that wasn't so predominately present, the weapon drop might be a neat feature. Yet, you hold a weapon with two hands except nades and pistols. Speaking of nades, if they are already primed, will they still be primed if they are shot out of your hand? I do hope so.

Upvote 0
I liked this feature in RO1, although it might feel silly for RO2s goal of higher realism if you could have weapons shot out of your hands, but when you are shot IN the hands or arm, you can still shoot back fine..

Would anyone else like to see more effects when arms and hands are hit - like being harder to steady your aim? or maybe dropping your weapon when hit?

Upvote 0
The problem is this obnoxious pick up system that has nades hopping past you and you can not pick them up or leaves you stranded as a rifleman who can not pick up the SMG that is right under your nose.

Imagine you get the weapon shot of your hands and you can not pick it up again.
Secondly there is no chance to lose all your weapons like you could do in RO mod and Ost, which is sad.

Upvote 0
But do ya think its realistic to drop ALL of your weapons at once?
You get a bullet in the arm and therefor drop your rifle, your sidearm, your ammo and your grenades??? :confused:

You cant be serious...

I thought it was implied you would lose your weapons one by one with each individual hand hit until you had none.

Or having no sidearm to begin with and using all your grenades up.

Or even just manually dropping all your weapons.

If one bullet hitting your hand forcing you to drop all your weapons didn't make sense to you then why would it make sense to everyone else when there was a number of alternatives we could of been meaning that would of actually made sense.

Upvote 0