• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hacks? Lulwut?

Ive seen a couple of aimbothackers in ROOST over six years. They were all on russian servers, very peculiar.

Ostfront had about 3/4 public hacks, but all of them were for the heyday of the game during 2006/2007 and the ways they were implemented were patched out. The UT2004 beta had more hacks thanks to there not being a lot of serverside protection for the mod at the time, there were several hacks made that were UT2004 engine specific. Generally you didn't see aimbots, you saw skin replacements/ESP. A bright red colored German had a huge disadvantage when there was no real ability to see far at the time.

Upvote 0
It is pretty obvious when you run across a hacker.

Just last night there was a guy on a FF server that would shoot the outside of buildings I was 2-3 rooms deep into without any line of sight as I spawned in.

Another (later in the evening) quit the server when I rejoined as a spectator. A real shame too, because he was so obvious and blatant I was going to immortalize him with video.

Upvote 0
ONLY "Hack" Ive seen was a russian sniper laying down on a bridge, head and rifle sticking underground, shooting enemies on the other side of the map as a result of being able to see "Everything".

rest of the "HAX!!! HAX!! HAXOR!! CHEATER!!!" Rants are a horrible side effect of the nasty COD releases.

Trust me, everyone will know if someone is hacking.

Besides its quite hard to beat PB i belive.

Upvote 0