• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gun Request - Semi Auto Japanese Rifle Type 5

Having this gun in game would do away with any asymmetry in Rising Storm. The Japanese already have quite a few SMGs on their team to balance things out with the Americans. Add a semi automatic rifle to the mix and it will make things worse.

Also, hardly any Type 5's were made and I'm pretty sure they never saw any action.

Upvote 0
and most of those 100 rifles were only fully assembelled after the war by American GI.s as souveniers and for study, the vast majority werent even put together in the factories when the war ended. No type 5 rifle ever left any of the production factories on mainland Japan during the war. The rifle proved to be highly unreliable, and quite bluntly, a complete piece of junk, it was slow to reload (requiring 2 stripper clips), were expensive to produce, meaning they wouldve only issued at platoon level, 1 rifle for every 40-50 soldiers, and they had constant accuracy issues, had they entered battle, they wouldve proven to be virtually unusable in combat conditions, as well as virtually unseen by regular infantry like the Type 100 SMG was

Last edited:
Upvote 0
640px-Type5BF1942.png

640px-BF1942_Type_5_Japanese_soldier.PNG

Upvote 0
I want to see if for hero class only japanese rifleman..

And the Mk42b or whatever it was called didnt really see action in stalingrad but it was in RO2.

The MKb, in my opinion, was mistake which can no longer be remedied. At least the RS team thought about it before they decided not to put the weapon in.

Also, you can post screenshots of BF1942 as much as you want, it doesn't change the fact that it wasn't used. It also doesn't change the fact that RO2 tries its best to be as authentic as possible. Imagine running around and seeing Japanese heroes running around with the Type 5 on Guadalcanal...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
though if TWI made this, it would only reload with 2 stripper clips never taking the box mag out...and the recoil would be harsher and slower to realign....but why are we discussing this? it never even left the production assembelly line! and will never see service in this game....in a fictional/alternate reality like BF'42 ect its cute and all, but this game is based in the real world.

and that "Type 4" rifle (middle on the list) looks to be photoshopped...and rather poorly I might add, theres no bolt handle, and the magazine looks to be overimposed and cut and pasted under the rifle, seems to be a picture of someones "what if" wishful thinking....the first semi auto rifle pictured is the Type 4, the bottom one is the Type 5, the middle rifle never existed outside of someones imagination

Last edited:
Upvote 0