• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gun Request - Semi Auto Japanese Rifle Type 5

Upvote 0
Where is information about how they were used?
I bet there isn't any information where those guns were sent or used, but in these kinds of situations we have to make educated guesses. The production of 300 guns is definetely way too much for non-field prototype testing on some testing ground, but it's quite a good number for real field testing. Also the place of manufacture was close to the area where the most heavy fighting was happening at that moment.

So by that logical thinking I'd assume that those rifles were some kind of test series, and those were sent to the battlefield for field testing.

Upvote 0
I remember the argument I had with aaz about how many PPSh41 were actually captured and used by the Axis. Some numbers just vanished in history and we have no idea about them.
The Mkb42 was however really not in Stalingrad as it was tested in November/December 1942 at the Heeresversuchsanstalt. No change that the Luftwaffe would drop experimental weapons into Stalingrad.

Upvote 0