• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Guild Wars 2

The enthusiasm and dedication Arenanet showed with the original Guild Wars makes me have huge doubts about GW2. There was sooooo many things wrong with the original guildwars, that if I could I would ask for my money back. I think what they're lacking is the ability to listen to their players.

They've ignored monks blatant "over poweredness" for how long? Not to mention almost every patch they seem to dump all over poor paragons. It's really kind of sad.

Decent story line though, all except for factions that is.

Upvote 0
The only thing that would make me play another MMO(after AoC) would be graphics that are at least up to date to modern day standards, which GW2 obviously seems not to be.
LOL GRAPHICS! LOL GRAPHICS!

Honest to God, get over it already. And what sort of asinine standards do you have where this game doesn't meet your lofty graphical standards?

Upvote 0
The only thing that would make me play another MMO(after AoC) would be graphics that are at least up to date to modern day standards, which GW2 obviously seems not to be.

MMOs have a very hard time using next gen graphical features because the people who play them do not have high end gaming rigs and thus they could not pay for the game and thus they lose sales.

To be honest GW2 looks really good for an MMO, to claim otherwise makes your ignorance about the subject stand out just that much more.

Upvote 0
MMOs have a very hard time using next gen graphical features because the people who play them do not have high end gaming rigs and thus they could not pay for the game and thus they lose sales.

To be honest GW2 looks really good for an MMO, to claim otherwise makes your ignorance about the subject stand out just that much more.
I know that GW2 from those scenes of the trailers doesn't look bad, it looks fairly good for an MMO. But I have a high-end PC(well not really but I can still play any modern game on high-settings with nice performance) and frankly I have a real-life as well, so if I decide to invest lots and lots of hours into a game as I'd have to with a MMO I'd like it to be on-par with modern, non-usual-mmo standard in terms of graphics, because I have to look on everything during all of these hours.

No doubt MMOs have trouble with such high-end graphics because of everything you said, but there are games which still try like Age of Conan did(it was not only the graphics I liked but the scenario appealed to me as well). Personally I'd expect more out of the MMOs graphics nowadays because graphical quality isn't advancing much since the last few years. I remember back in the days of GW1, which I was playing for maybe 2 weeks, graphics were pretty much very good back then.

Upvote 0
drakon is right. aoc is the only good looking mmo. some people like good graphics to come with their good gameplay. considering you spend your whole time staring at the screen I don't think that's such a crazy request. stop being tools.

that said, GW2 looks decent graphically but it being fantasy, having a combat system that's not actual fighting, and no gore (I know what a loser for wanting blood and guts, what am I 12?) knocks it down. Still interested though.

Upvote 0