• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Griefers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenioX

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Poland
www.youtube.com
That's it, I just got very very upset today. I really love one server at Normal Difficulty, 10% friendlty fire, with the whitelisted weapons pack:
IP: KillingFloor://176.9.35.138:7727
NAME: GMK-Normal<>Long<>FF=10%<>CustomWeapons<>team-gmk

The problem is, there are few "clans" which regularly join the game and start griefing in very nasty way, screaming, shooting everyone and killing whatever moves. No way to vote kick them as there are mostly 3 of them at one time and they vote only those who vote them. I reported the owners of server about few of those people, I didn't see them for quite long time, but now new griefer teams started joining. It's really annoying. It destroys fun. If you want, play a few games there and maybe you'd have the opportunity to see on your own eyes how those griefers can f*** up the game. Searching for another server is no option as I want exactly ff=10%, custom weapons and vote kick plus a good ping for me. It's best server I found with that. Oh, and at other servers from GMK there are griefers, too... :(

yeah griefers can be annoying even for me some times. but usually I turn the whole griefing thing around with "friendly fire free for all shootout" and then play the entier wave for myself and drag the 2 last zeds till all the griefers leave or kick me. (while I spam the microphone)

but no, I never start griefing by myself. I only join the "fun" that other started, giving them their unconvinient death sentence :D

btw beniox I miss your hat. and ur old signature :( the admins ripped your soul by removing the easy downvote option!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
btw beniox I miss your hat. and ur old signature :( the admins ripped your soul by removing the easy downvote option!
That hat is old, and the signature older. The signature was a sign of protest against the downvote option which was abused. Now that they removed it, the forum is alot better. No more 10+ downvotes at "I agree" posts... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Roland Kaul
Upvote 0
I believe that you are griefing this forum with your "I agree" posts. Which justifies what you call "abuse".
^^This :D

still think it was bit sharming :)
Let me guess, you meant "Charming" right? ;)
Anyway back on topic, is there a way to fix the problem? Maybe there are 5 people on forum who want to join the server everytime I play so no chance a griefer joins? :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im open for playing

Im open for playing

If you want to add me im a good team player with some upper leveled perks, im a great team player and experienced with avoiding friendly fire as well as taking out griefers ASAP.
I have been on GMK servers once or twice and noticed today there was an esp. bad griefing incident, 4 of 6 people were part of a grief clan and they all spawned in with m79s, i didn't stand a chance but luckily it was suburbia and i managed to avoid them until the wave ended (around 4th wave, they spawn killed me the first 3), they all ran into trader room and i nade spammed them, they all super rage quit.

Steamname: Roflmahwafflz with buff zombie(L4d1 Tank), red bckgrnd.

I have more than 100 hrs on KF (not much but its something) Im not an advent player however i am always up for a game.

Upvote 0
My server is identical like that. But it has no 10% team damage.
How come identical then? :rolleyes:
Besides, today again a griefer joined, name's Tim. Here is steam ID:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mr_Fattyest/

He joined, acted normal, except from few things:
1. He was lvl 6 medic, so he got full armor on spawn. I was about to grab kevlar from ground BUT he threw a grenade there and got hit by it himself, then grabbed kevlar. It already was suspicious
2. Later on my friend started going like "Hey what you doing!?" I didn't see neither of them because I was on other end of map. I was thinking that Tim was griefer by then, but since he didn't kill that guy I was like "Maybe I am wrong"
3. On wave 5 he bought M99 and headshot me, then the other guy, bullet after bullet. Couldn't be coincidence.

Later he quit, but then joined next map, and I already msged the server owner (same server as in first post) and told him about it, and when the dude joined I notified him he's been reported. He said he don't care to be banned on 1-5 servers and that the server is stupid. When he spawned he didnt teamkill though, and till end of map he behaved quite normal, then next map he started killing everyone until we kicked him. He added me I don't even know why, so I accepted just to have his steam ID. Guys, I really have no clue what to do, the server admin seems to not care as he stopped responding to my emails :(

Upvote 0
Unfortunately things like friendly fire and trader blocking will always be abused. That is why we have mutators that stop trade time blocking and RevengeFF. A server's quality in terms of greifers is up to the admin and he does not wish to admin it or have someone else police it, then he will be losing traffic/players at his own cost.
But the basic problem is that it's only server with ff=10% difficulty Normal, Long, the whitelisted weapons and all server whitelisted, with a ping which is playable for me. :(

And the ff=10% isn't my problem. I love how friendly fire makes people aware and adds a bit to tactics and teamplay. Just the prob is it's being abused...

Upvote 0
Later he quit, but then joined next map, and I already msged the server owner (same server as in first post) and told him about it, and when the dude joined I notified him he's been reported. He said he don't care to be banned on 1-5 servers and that the server is stupid. When he spawned he didnt teamkill though, and till end of map he behaved quite normal, then next map he started killing everyone until we kicked him. He added me I don't even know why, so I accepted just to have his steam ID. Guys, I really have no clue what to do, the server admin seems to not care as he stopped responding to my emails :(

Not much you can really do about griefers if the other players won't kick them or admin won't remove them. Leaving the server is about your only option.

I tried a FF server only once until I got TK'd, I've not been on one since.

I have just over 1,000 hours in this game and have seen a handful of idiots that like to ruin other players games, I despise these people but thankfully they are the minority.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately things like friendly fire and trader blocking will always be abused. That is why we have mutators that stop trade time blocking and RevengeFF. A server's quality in terms of greifers is up to the admin and he does not wish to admin it or have someone else police it, then he will be losing traffic/players at his own cost.

Slavek has pretty much summed it up. When setting up friendly fire an admin should be well aware of the potential for this to be abused and a better option would be mirror friendly fire. As for trader blocking, any server that doesn't run antiblocker isn't worth playing on in my opinion.

A good server starts with good admins.

Upvote 0
Damn, BenioX, you scared me for a second, I thought you were Utopia.
Don't downgrade me so much! :mad:
But yeah, I was just upset as hell after like 10 griefer matches too much on one day :p Explains my Utopia-styled writing and demands ;)
But you have to agree something is wrong with people... :(

A good server starts with good admins.
Admins on GMK servers seem to just have it up deep stinking around... Only reason why I play on their servers are facts I got good ping there, friendly fire is 10% (no friendly fire makes people spam weapons without putting a thought they could hurt someone, it's a bit lame) and with the whitelisted weapon pack with M99 which I just love at Patriarch fights, I basically love those weapons because they add a bit to gameplay. If only griefers didn't destroy the fun it'd be best server ever possible for me :(

EDIT: YES! THEY FINALLY BANNED TIM! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.