• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Graphics flicker strangely and occasional see through things

Centar

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 2, 2006
Finland
I constantly get sort of flickery graphics. When two map objects (not models) join together, for example a wall to the ground, or a hill on the ground, the graphics flicker strangely as I move my view around. That isn't the biggest problem. Models, especially player models, also trigger this problem. So if for example a sniper is behind a wall from me, the wall will sort of flicker on top of him, and I will see his model through it. Same for tanks and environment objects. Sometimes it's a disadvantage, because its really difficult to figure out whether or not I can actually shoot what I'm aiming at, but at others its a great advantage, because, well, I see models through stuff, so any sniper will be visible to me. That makes me feel guilty. I want to get this fixed to feel like I'm playing letitimately, and so my graphics wouldn't suck.

Allthough the flickering takes place on eg. piles of rubble joining the ground, I can mostly only see models through relatively thin flat things, such as buildings walls. Sometimes I do see them through normal geometry aswell, but not as often. I've been getting this since the beginning. I haven't installed any cheats or other modifications. I don't have the problem with other games. I think it may have to do with D3D, but IIRC it doesn't happen with any other game even if I use D3D rendering.

Here's my setup:
AMD XP @ 2ghz
1gb RAM
ATI Radeon 9700 PRO (with the latest official graphics drivers)
Windows XP Pro

This problem really sucks, so if you have any advice please spill it.
Thanks,
Centar

im not sure but this might be that ATI bug i heard about... do u run msn in the background? i remember something like this and experienced it myself.
when msn is in the background and someone signs in, the graphics flicker and u can see through walls... anyone know anything more further to help this guy?

Upvote 0
Zetsumei said:
can you try installing the latest drivers again but beforehand cleaning the old driver thoroughly

www.dirvercleaner.net for the cleaner

and www.ati.com for drivers :). You could also try new motherboard drivers and stuff.
I just did that earlier today, and it didn't help. I don't think it is the MSN thing, because I didn't get any popups, plus I know how it is when that happens - it always goes away on my machine, but this thing won't fix.

Upvote 0