• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gorefiends and new albino alpha clots together is a bit too much from current beta.

zsautoman

Sep 10, 2015
These r just some of my thoughts
-Gorefiend blocks too often, u cant bash stumble it, and when it blocks, the double blades cover all its face, best chance to kill it is either crouch shoot its jaw to decap or go for body shots. but gorfiends have double hp to normal gorefasts...
-Not much to say about albino alphas, they just have more hp now, hence much harder to decap.

Lets discuss about this. Now I certainly can see some of the reasons behind the new stuff, having tougher medium or small zeds will give more reasons to play as swat or headshot classes, they can be more distinct by the perk weapons nature and taking them down needs more skills which is a really good idea. But from current spawning environment, they r just a bit overwhelming and starting to break the game flow(more in hoe), we got bloats squads, husks squads, siren squads, they all got more hitpoints. If we wanna make players to kite more, we should spawn more trash zeds to fill it up not the tougher guys imo.

So If we wanna remain the mechanics of the gorefiends, I would suggest to spawn less of gorefiends, make them rarer to appear, not totally like scs or fps, a bit more than that i think(certainly dont spam them like bloats or husks). Albino alphas tho is a bit tricky, it needs to stay in almost every trash squad in order to buff them and make the game more challenging, so I think reducing the head health a bit(if it equals to gorefast's head hp would be great), but make it more bullet spongy for body shots would make more sense.

What do u guys think?

I don't mind the Alpha Clot changes, but I do think the Gorefiends need some toning down. I like the idea and visual design, but what really irks me is that they can't be stumbled or flinched. Just give them the same stumble weakness as the regular Gorefast, and I'm fine. Making them spawn less is less important, but would't hurt.

As it stands right now though, they just feel so fakey. I can understand why a juiced-up Fleshpound can take a shotgun blast to the chest and not care, but a (not very) skinny Gorefiend should react. Right now they have no reaction to any kind of attack that I've noticed. The only thing remotely similar to a stumble is when they sometimes stand still without blocking or attacking directly in front of you.

Upvote 0
yes its the lack of stumbling of the gorefiends that kills me. im pretty good at kiting int his game but when a gorefiend or two is around a corner and you need to bash to get around, ur just deade no if ands or buts.

add to that the fact that it has the most effective head blocking in the game and it is one very frustrating zed.

Upvote 0
Yeah, i agree.

Gorefast spawn rate is too high, i'd love to see it lowered down to 20-25% on HOE. And TWI should also make them have interruptible attacks. And they should not be allowed to spawn at 1st wave.
I don't mind extra body hp on clots but head health should stay at where it was before. Hopefully TWI won't fix their self-rally damage resistance, this would just turn then into the tanks.

Upvote 0
simplecat;n2282871 said:
Yeah, i agree.

Gorefast spawn rate is too high, i'd love to see it lowered down to 20-25% on HOE. And TWI should also make them have interruptible attacks. And they should not be allowed to spawn at 1st wave.
I don't mind extra body hp on clots but head health should stay at where it was before. Hopefully TWI won't fix their self-rally damage resistance, this would just turn then into the tanks.

agree on spawn rate down, but i kind of like their tankiness (to stumbling and such), if anything i would like them to be fearsome a bit more so than sirens and husk, but have an according spawning rate.

alphas don't really feel deserving of more HP, it's not really harder, just bullet spongy annoying.

Upvote 0
DeadPlayer123;n2282881 said:
I agree, that those are the main reason why there is no way to play bezerker or gunslinger anymore, and since those was the most fun classes to play with, they just ruin the game for 50% of the players.

I dont see the problem that Gunslingers are having. Gorefiends get one shotted by headshots from my DEagles. Zerkers do have it rough tho. I havent tried recently but a week ago I could not parry them with my Katana.

Upvote 0
WeretigerRei;n2282889 said:
I dont see the problem that Gunslingers are having. Gorefiends get one shotted by headshots from my DEagles. Zerkers do have it rough tho. I havent tried recently but a week ago I could not parry them with my Katana.

You dont see the problem because you probably just play on normal/hard, and in HOE 6 players, you CANT kill an gorefiend with 1 desert eagle shoot, you need at least 2 if you have good aim.

Upvote 0
DeadPlayer123;n2282941 said:
You dont see the problem because you probably just play on normal/hard, and in HOE 6 players, you CANT kill an gorefiend with 1 desert eagle shoot, you need at least 2 if you have good aim.

i think he deserves to be at least that hard to kill for how dangerous he looks, however they should spawn less often to compensate that, the gap of most zeds hp compared to sc/fps is too huge, going from trash to bulletsponge in one go, a middleground zed like the gorefiend is not bad, however having troops of them is not cool. at least that's how i see it, making a cool upgraded version of a zed and make it trash sounds too redundant.

Upvote 0