• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gore?

Now how was that appropriate? We're having a normal discussion here, noone says OMG WE NEED KIDNEYS FLYING IN UR FACE :rolleyes:

@Erich

Yeah but those symptoms would probably only occur some times after death, wouldn't they? But if there were some static corpses in the maps then that would surely fit to them because it looks scary, especcially the thing with open eyes & open mouth(from what I saw myself).

While yeah a lot of the blood and dirtiness comes some time after death, There is often a sense of discoloration (often due to someone going into shock) and they are already dirty.

I just wanted to help clear up the misconception about the realities of gore and death.

With all being said, the death of a human is a shocking factor to most people, and I think that the level of gore should not reflect a cool factor, but more of a sobering factor as I believe it would minutely affect how people play the game.

But trust me, after awhile the death of an enemy can be kinda funny when you see so much of it.

Upvote 0
Imo, attempting to glorify war through the suggestions of "real" or "over the top" animations when someone's head gets blown apart does nothing but a dis-service to those who serve or have served.
Don't even start with that pseudo-arguement, because you can stretch that so far that in the end any military FPS is a 'dis-service'.

Upvote 0
Gonna bump this instead of making a new thread.

I was wondering if we could see some wound decals? Like the ones in Doom 3 or Half Life 2 for instance.

I know the uniform would hide most of it, but I'd still like some visual indication that I hit somebody. Clothing hits could just be a hole with a little bit of dark red to show where the bleeding is, and hits you can actually see, like the head or hands could be a bit more severe.

This is assuming you can even do this or make separate decals like that of course.

Upvote 0
I was just thinking of something watching the new trailer for RO:HOS.
Gore looks great with the stumps and torn off limbs (though i kind of wish the splinters of Ost were there too covering the body in blood etc) but i also saw some Russians getting killed without losing limbs.
I thought it would be cool to do something with those guys as well, gore-wise at least.

How about signs of overpressure?
This would be stuff like ears bleeding, nosebleeds and stuff like that. Basically to show the blast was so severe some arteries popped under the pressure, resulting in death.

Reactions: Lucan946
Upvote 0