• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gore Level

Status
Not open for further replies.
hotfix please

hotfix please

there should be an update/ patch / workaround

with gives us a selection :

- no gore
- reduced gore (German boxed version)
- full gore no symbols (Steam version, bought with credit card = age check, no swastikas)
- full gore full symbols (not available in some countries, for expl. Germany)

i have seen the beta-videos here and bought esp. the engl. Steam Version playing in English to get the full immersion into the game.
...including the blast-effects on the unlucky Lanzer marching infront of me, who was at the wrong place at the wrong time... :eek:

the game is advertised to be as realistic as possible
(but still keeping playability and the limitations of the engine in mind :) )
the gore level of the uncut RO-version is comparable to that of the first 20 min of the movie "Der Soldat James Ryan" which had a rating of 16 in Germany, so no need to be ueber-political-correct in the German market.

a hotfix (manuly edititing some config file or a even hex-editing a file) would be ok for me too

Upvote 0
Mike(GER) said:
there should be an update/ patch / workaround

with gives us a selection :

- no gore
- reduced gore (German boxed version)
- full gore no symbols (Steam version, bought with credit card = age check, no swastikas)
- full gore full symbols (not available in some countries, for expl. Germany)

i have seen the beta-videos here and bought esp. the engl. Steam Version playing in English to get the full immersion into the game.
...including the blast-effects on the unlucky Lanzer marching infront of me, who was at the wrong place at the wrong time... :eek:

the game is advertised to be as realistic as possible
(but still keeping playability and the limitations of the engine in mind :) )
the gore level of the uncut RO-version is comparable to that of the first 20 min of the movie "Der Soldat James Ryan" which had a rating of 16 in Germany, so no need to be ueber-political-correct in the German market.

a hotfix (manuly edititing some config file or a even hex-editing a file) would be ok for me too

Really nice idea! Lets hope any dev will have a look at this and we get hopefully a answer quick :)

Upvote 0
I'm very affraid that this fact will stop many people in germany from buying ROOST. Normally if you are 18 or older you just don't care about censored versions with no blood etc. because there are many stores in germany only open to people over 18, that are specialized in selling original uncensored versions. That's not illegal in any way, mind you. Neither is it illegal in Germany to own games with swastikas in it, you just can't sell em to minors or publicly advertise em.

Upvote 0
SheepShaver said:
I'm very affraid that this fact will stop many people in germany from buying ROOST. Normally if you are 18 or older you just don't care about censored versions with no blood etc. because there are many stores in germany only open to people over 18, that are specialized in selling original uncensored versions. That's not illegal in any way, mind you. Neither is it illegal in Germany to own games with swastikas in it, you just can't sell em to minors or publicly advertise em.

lol, is the gore the prior thing in the game? how sad.

Upvote 0
Blackout said:
Nope its not the prior thing, but its part of the game and we miss it...

And by the way, the blood is a good sign to see if u hit someone or not... without blood its very difficult to see if u hit or not..

Most likely when you see blood, (or would see) you will see a dead person.
and ... we are talking about reduced gore, are the blood spats totally taken out?

Missing gore is just a minor visual thing in the game.
I could live with it, without whine.

Upvote 0
Soldat-Hans said:
I Say AGAIN: I AM 18 YEARS OLD AND ALLOWED TO PLAY THE UNCENSORED VERSION!!!!!
Stop the shouting and complaining, you sound more like 6 years old, so no gore for you at all!
People, this is nothing that was unkown before,
it is your fault alone, you missed out on getting the proper information on the product you are about to buy
and now you are calling it fraud?
Serious suggestion: Go back to your CS kiddies where you came from!
Sorry, such behaviour freaks me out!

[edit] I'm german as well and I'm a littte disapointed that we dont get full gore here.
Still I'm confident that there will be a workaround in some way for that.
Just hopefully not available for such kids as Hans!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[-project.TwentY3-] said:
Reduced Gore = blood when shot at, and blood on the models and walls etc

difference to full gore = no blood cloud when hit with he + no missing limbs etc

so, where is the problem with it? You still see if you hit someone
First, I usually use this tiny little blood cloud in ROCA as an indicatore for a hit. I actually can not tell you how this will be in ROO, but I think it will be similar.
And, as SheepShaver already said: It is a matter of principal.
But what I really do not understand: Why we really only have reduced gore - I mena, it would have been no problem for TW to use the original effects. In BiA you were also able to rip of limbs. So, why not in much more realistic ROO?

And I do not agree with the solution with reduced gore in boxed version. I will buy the boxed version (no cc, love manuals), and I also want to have full effects.

But now, it would be really nice to get a statement from TW. I mean, they promised us what they will change, and why. ATM, we are at a dead point, and without a statement any other discussions won't bring us further.
Let us wait some time...

EDIT: Found a picture from BiA. Do not really know if it is the german version, but you are also able to see THIS also in our version.
And BiA is an 18+ game in Germany, just like ROO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[-project.TwentY3-] said:
difference to full gore = no blood cloud when hit with he + no missing limbs etc

...and the rag-doll physic looks 'tempered with' too :confused:

i bought the international copy over the Internet, or i thought i had so (with age-aproved through Credit Card) to get the full original (english) game and i don't like to be 'discriminated' by my country of orgin and 'parental controlled' by Steam/TW or their distributing software

customers old enough to re-enlist to fight for freedom in Kabul or elsewhere, or could even choose to work for so called 'security companys' to be deployed in Irak (and get their ass blown off in RL) ... but not allowed to see a crude approximation off the ugly results of warfare in a 'FPS-game with historical background ' ?

Come on

Last edited:
Upvote 0
SheepShaver said:
You just don't get it, do you? It doen't matter if more gore or swastikas do help gameplaywhise. It's the fact that at full age legally you are entitled to buy and own the original game, not the censored one.

I don't have the retail version yet, because of lacking a credit card. But I played the beta. Honestly I didn't even look at the dead bodies. I was so impressed with verything else that I hardly recognized the splatter effects. Also it's not that I would desperately need them.

But I agree with SheepShaver, it's a matter of principle. The gore is in game because of higher realism simulation and I don't want that it is cutted out. I hate any form of censorship for adults. So I will try to get a copy shipped from elsewhere outside of Germany as soon as it becomes available in the stores.

Still Tripwire didn't fraud anybody, as it was clearly stated that the German version would be localised.

Upvote 0
Wouldn't it be possible to start an online petition to force our damn goverment to change some laws?
What do you think - could it be successful?

MadMax said:
Still Tripwire didn't fraud anybody, as it was clearly stated that the German version would be localised.
Yes, that's right, and I'm glad that TW did not gave us some wrong hopes, but they also promised us to tell us what will they change as soon as they know it.

Upvote 0
As I already said in another thread: Such a patch would have to be a mod, and mods are serverside, and I doubt that every server will upload this mod only for the german players.
Another thing: Does anyone know if there will be a localized version for Austria? There they do not have such strict rules...

And again: An official statement would be nice!

A bit off-topic: Es gab einmal eine Initiative gegen die BpJM(http://www.bpjm-klage.de), die wurde alledings eingestellt. Ich wei

Last edited:
Upvote 0
MadMax said:

its not fraud, its just annoying customers :mad:

afaik:
localised = no swasticas and a german language interface and manual / readme / helptext

thats why i took the hassel and bought it over Steam, took the risk of sending my creditcard-data over the net and choosed to sacrifice my customer-rights in Germany against local shops here, the media, and the the printed manual.
(btw: my Steam-Interface is in english too)

i didnt got a order menue choice like:
1 german localized version (reduced gore, no symbols)
2 international version (warning may not be legal in your country, download at your own risk)

the 'fraud' is making me believe im buying the original.

He TW, i would like to exchange/trade in my localized copy angainst the original !

Upvote 0
This annoys me as well.

I bought it over STEAM (which uses the Enghlish interface).
I would assume I'd get an international copy (that which everybody is getting).

This is exactly the reason I would never buy such a game in a (German-based) store.
Ususally, I'd go for a US import version when buying retail, this just seemed unneeded as STEAM is US-based and delivered a completely English-speaking (if I may call it that) game.

How does Tripwire or Valve know where I am playing this game?
STEAM has the great advantage of being acesible everywhere worldwide.
Localized versions have no place in this system.

Owning a CC is enough to verify my age (so you don't have to be concerned about minors buying the game over the net).

My only question is:
How does ROOST detect that I am currently playing on a German-based PC?
Would installing an English copy of XP help?
Or is there any country settings I have to change?

As said, STEAM and ROOST are both running in English.

This game strifes for realism (that's why I've been playing since Beat 1.0 of the Mod game!) and I bloody well want my gore and symbols!

PS: This worked fine in the beta so something must have been changed for retail...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.