• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 gg is what's missing (campaign mode?)

p3rky

May 17, 2012
There needs to be a bigger stretch of time at the end of a map for post-game chat. At the end of a game, post-objective victory, there's almost no communication, except forthcoming-game-oriented. This is because there's a lot to do, you've got to display scores, to the attack/defend, territory selection, and map selection stuff, and this leaves next to no time for talking about the game that you've all just played. We need time for the "gg"'s and "wp X player" and all of the discussion.

I know we have mics, true, but some people don't have them, and in any case, if everyone did have one you'd not be able to hear anything at the end - what with 64 people all holding simultaneous discussions and saying gg all at one.
I used to play a lot of CoD2 (for the PC, natch), and I can't help noticing the demographics are the same, we are the breed of gamer that likes to have a chat. :)

You may say to me, "oh, the end time is a configurable server setting" which is fair enough, but that doesn't excuse the absence of good chat integration at the end of the game anyway. The RO2 community is really good, friendly people who like this tactical battlefield simulator, make chatting at the end easier! :IS2:

Last edited:
there needs to be a bigger stretch of time at the end of a map for post-game chat. At the end of a game, post-objective victory, there's almost no communication, except forthcoming-game-oriented. This is because there's a lot to do, you've got to display scores, to the attack/defend, territory selection, and map selection stuff, and this leaves next to no time for talking about the game that you've all just played. We need time for the "gg"'s and "wp x player" and all of the discussion.

I know we have mics, true, but some people don't have them, and in any case, if everyone did have one you'd not be able to hear anything at the end - what with 64 people all holding simultaneous discussions and saying gg all at one.
I used to play a lot of cod2 (for the pc, natch), and i can't help noticing the demographics are the same, we are the breed of gamer that likes to have a chat. :)

you may say to me, "oh, the end time is a configurable server setting" which is fair enough, but that doesn't excuse the absence of good chat integration at the end of the game anyway. The ro2 community is really good, friendly people who like this tactical battlefield simulator, make chatting at the end easier! :is2:

+1

Upvote 0
Yeah, this has been brought up since the RO2 beta, one of the first things that irked me in RO2. Don't hold your breath :D :(

Someone should make a "papercuts" list of annoying but not life threatening things that should be fixed in RO2. This and death on weapon/role changing would go to the top of my list.

Upvote 0
Yeah, this has been brought up since the RO2 beta, one of the first things that irked me in RO2. Don't hold your breath :D :(

Really? But it looks like it'd be so simple to rectify. I wonder if a TWI dev could come on (AND EXPLAIN YOURSELF, DAMN YOU) and comment on if they see it as a problem, if not, why not, and if they do why they haven't done anything about it.

Upvote 0