• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

General Firearm Discussion

Got my first experience with pistol this week. The "F*** yeah" feeling quickly disappeared when we noticed that shooting a pistol is just a little bit harder than shooting an assault rifle despite the vastly shorter range. However, in the end I got kinda good hang of it.

The gun was our standard service pistol FN HP-DA which is know as Browning BDA in America. It's somesort of customised version of Browning Hi-Power with significant ergonomic improvements.

800px-Bda9.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Got my first experience with pistol this week. The "F*** yeah" feeling quickly disappeared when we noticed that shooting a pistol is just a little bit harder than shooting an assault rifle despite the vastly shorter range. However, in the end I got kinda good hang of it.

The gun was our standard service pistol FN HP-DA which is know as Browning BDA in America. It's somesort of customised version of Browning Hi-Power with significant ergonomic improvements.

800px-Bda9.JPG

That doesn't look very ergonomic to me.

The grip would cut straight into the meaty part of the hand/thumb and be really uncomfortable.

I certainly hope that you can change out the grip on that.

Upvote 0
Well, I've got small palms so I had to strecth a little bit to use the mechanisms, but overal all it was quite solid feeling holding this gun. You're supposed to keep your thumb over that edge that "would cut straight into the meaty part of the thumb".

... hope you don't ever have to shoot it left-handed ...

Upvote 0
The 6.5 Grendel shoots flatter, with less wind drift, and greater velocity retention than the 7.62 NATO at range. Compared to M80 ball, the Grendel even has superior energy retention at range, with less recoil. The 6.5 is supersonic out past 1000 meters.

Nothing too surprising if you consider that the 6.5 Grendel is basically a semi-benchresting cartridge based on the 6mm PPC.

Reactions: CopperHead
Upvote 0
I've heard that due to it's combination of a slender projectile and a fat case it can have trouble chambering in automatic weapons. Also this reduces the amount of rounds that can be carried in a standar size magazine (I heard 25 rounds in a stanag type magazine).

Still I think Grendel's advantages over 5.56 outweigh it's negatives.

Upvote 0