• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

General Annoyances Compilation

• Just a small update on the first shot not firing. I've had it happen to me quite often lately, and from what I can tell it usually happens when I press it the same time as I crouch or toggle the iron sights or both. Incidentily I've got my crouch binded to my thumb button which seems to be detected as "ctrl" in the game, that might have something to do with it.
  • Another thing that needs to be fixed is how the map vote menu works. Everytime someone votes for a new map you are brought to the top of the list, which makes it impossible to vote for maps further down on the list.
  • Text chat needs to be closed/cancelled by pressing esc. Ever seen those "wwwwwwdsas" messages?
  • Another annoyance would be the lack of any sort of documentation.
Thanks for compiling this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Phantom cursor. Cursor randomly appearing and stopping you from aiming your weapon
  • Audio problem - Mixture of noise/silence. Hear every few shots but not all. And usually receive the wrong sounds. Whizzes when next to a firer, and bangs from distance shots miles away
  • Shift button being zoom/sprint. Makes your guy run into the wall sharpishly
  • Console coming up when using the apostrophe in chat window
  • Soldier's inability to correctly vault obstacles and repeatedly fall down
  • The "Heal prompt" coming up when you're in a state of near death and you can't bandage
  • After using the radio, and successfully calling Air recon in. It demands that you must be near the radio to call in Air Recon if you leave the nearby area
  • Sometimes when people use a mounted gun they crouch behind it partially in the wall and are impossible to hit
  • Shooting someone who's visible on a mounted gun, they sometimes seem to have some sort of invisible shield that blocks incoming fire from certain angles
  • Picking a class that's shown as available, but when clicking on it you're denied to use it and a message flashes up that the class is full. Even if you can still see it say 1/2 Marksmen for example
  • Singleplayer cutscenes don't seem to pay attention to your sound levels in the settings. Play the game at a happy volume, then get deafened by a cut scene
  • Leading shots is bizarre. You shouldn't have to lead shots at someone who's at point-blank range

There's plenty more too which I'll add when I can remember

Upvote 0
Just remembered another one:

Protected Areas
Message flashes. Nanosecond passes by. Dead.

Useful warning system
You get a nanosecond? I don't get the "warning" until a second or two after the insta-gib.

Ok, most of mine have already been mentioned, but I'll list all I got at the moment anyway (just to reinforce what others have said)

1) Map voting interface (http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=65319http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=65319)

2) Countdown - the respawn of surviving players between objectives is very jarring. Would prefer that living players remain alive.

3) Lockdown - while intended to promote action, it simply doesn't work. It's primary effect, in my opinion, is to cut the round too short by not allowing enough time for attackers to find the hole in enemy defenses and capitalize on it.

4) Scoring - why the heck do team kills count toward your kill total? I know you get negative points for them, but it shouldn't bolster the e-peen inspiring kill count.

5) Server browser - multiple annoyances.
First is the discrepancy between browser reported ping and server reported ping. I can join a server that the browser reports has a ping of 40, and once in game the scoreboard shows a consistent ping of 120.

Secondly, when sorting the browser, I want to be at the top of the sorted list, no have to scroll all the way back to the top.

Third, conflicting server information in the browser. The "Ranked" tab (which is supposed to not show unranked servers) shows each server as ranked according to the icons in the leftmost column, but the server attribute list in the lower left of the screen always says "Ranked: No". Which am I to believe?

Lastly, it would be very nice to have an identifier of which servers stream PBBans in the browser itself.

Upvote 0