• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamereactor Rising Storm Interview 28/7

I'm not a TWI employee, and I think the title of "TWI's Biggest Fan" probably goes to Zetsumei or BobDog or someone like that. I came to RO on the retail release. I got involved in organising the TWI trip to Volgograd/Stalingrad some years back soon after the idea of HoS came up. Presumably I did a reasonable job at that or I wouldn't have been asked to help out with other things.

I did design Makhnovo Village as my first ever RO map - I am glad someone remembers it. I was also an LD and produced the Romanian voice commands for Carpathian Crosses and did some minor LD work and a lot of the admin/infrastructure work during the run-up to Steam release of Darkest Hour. After that I was chosen to work as producer of RS.
I remember that map as well :D ... Good times!

Upvote 0
To be honest I am totally fed up with all the american shooters and I was glad RO didn't feature american sides.

However those screens in combination with the interview (not mentioning the amazing in country vid) were enough to see past that and looking forward to it a lot:D

That's a hell of a compliment if that wasn't clear:rolleyes:

On a side-note, you remind me of sasquatch, he also was a very excited and that makes it so much fun to watch:p

Upvote 0
I also have high hopes with Rising Storm....and In Country Vietnam....Iron Europe is more delayed AFAIK but i would love to see that one also....

Yeah, that t-shirt or even a sweatshirt is a must have item...i would buy one of those :)

Maybe Tripwire could make a series of them and same goes to RO2HoS t-shirt/sweatshirt :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I remember that map as well :D ... Good times!

Yes old chap i'm only 25 but I still remember being one of the first to watch your overture to war youtube video , seems like a lifetime ago :) And Nestor your Russian was pretty good even back then , I remember you trying to talk to me in Russian when we played on Makhnovo I bet your a native Russian speaker by now :D .

Reactions: hockeywarrior
Upvote 0
Yes old chap i'm only 25 but I still remember being one of the first to watch your overture to war youtube video , seems like a lifetime ago :) And Nestor your Russian was pretty good even back then , I remember you trying to talk to me in Russian when we played on Makhnovo I bet your a native Russian speaker by now :D .

Hey nice to see a fan of my RO vids! Don't you worry -- when RO2 comes out, I'm going to be hard at work making the next one, and it will be EPIC!

Upvote 0