• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Game crashing on launch after splashscreens

Dangar

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 10, 2019
Posting here because I've exhausted every other option.

For the past 6 months at least, I've been having a recurring, unsolvable issue with RS2. Every time I open the game, it plays the splash screens, gives me half a second where the music starts and I can move my mouse, then it freezes for a few seconds and crashes. It does this every single time, consistently without fail. I have consulted every single fix for every single other problem but apparently this one has either never appeared before, or there is no fix. Posting here out of desperation because I have made 3-4 support tickets and they've been closed without any kind of answer every single time.

From my searching I've actually found something peculiar, I don't have a _commonredist file in my game files anywhere, I don't know how to fix this or what is causing this as far as I'm aware it's never installed with one.

From checking the logs, they just stop. I never get a bugsplat, the logs never say anything about errors, they just stop.
I've deleted ROGame in "My games" and verified or launched without verification 10+ times, nothing changes.
I've reinstalled the game completely 7-8 times.
I've reinstalled and repaired EAC.
I've run steam in administrator mode.
I've turned off my anti-virus and whitelisted both EAC and RS2.
I've reinstalled drivers, C++ redistributables, .NET framework
I've run it in windowed

I'm at the end of my rope, I really enjoy the game but so far I've only had trouble. Hopefully this will give me something.

Patu.Kuovi

Aug 19, 2007
_CommonRedist is not a file, it is a directory containing the following directories:
DirectX
DotNet
vcredist

Though there doesn't seem to be any files in any of those directories.

Can you show us the log so we can compare what should happen next?