• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Game crashes when alt-tabbing during loading after a match ends when in fullscreen mode

Fusrosandvich

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 9, 2020
My best guess is a coding error related to how the game handled loading when fullscreen, and it changing to windowed when alt-tabbing breaks things.

Extremely common, I've only had one game in the past few months where this hasn't occurred when alt-tabbing.

1: Win a game on any difficulty, on any map
2: Wait for map to change
3: Alt tab during the loading screen, causing the crash.

The game crashes in such a way that the only way to disable it is using the task manager. It cannot close via steam, alt+f4 or other means. It's happened with every map I've played.

This has happened all in online games.

I can't get screenshots due to the odd nature of the crash, as all it would show is a borderless windowed screen on a loading screen.

All my settings are on low/medium to improve performance.

Why? Why on earth is this an issue in KF2? It happens most of the time I click alt+tab. Isn't even dependent on any of the screens.
The game doesn't crash, it goes in a not responding state. The game window freezes, sticks to the desktop background like a poster & can only be killed from the Task Manager.

Upvote 0