• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Future Tripwire Games - Are You On Board?

Future Tripwire Games - Are You On Board?

• ...it was realistic, no matter what the setting.

Votes: 248 51.7%
  • ...it was realistic, but has to be set in WWII.

Votes: 115 24.0%
  • ...it was made by Tripwire, realistic or not I'm on board!

Votes: 117 24.4%

• Total voters
To answer the original question with a real answer:

I'm onboard if the game is something that appeals to me.. if TWI made a Unreal-Engine 3 Powered version of Tic-Tac-Toe.. I wouldn't buy it just because I like the guys at TWI.. (sorry!).. but if it's something that is a unique or interesting game, i'm game.
If it's a uber-realistic Infantry/tank/War simulator.. hrm.. i'll give it a try..
If it's a super-gamey 20000 B.C. FPS but has some new/novel ideas going on but everything is 2d Sprites, i'll still give it a try. (I mean.. I bought Introversions stuff.. gfx's aren't everything!)

Upvote 0
I would also like to add something.

After amassing tonnes of data & knowledge on the Soviet role in WW2, why on earth would they scrap all that and start something completely fresh??

Think about it. They've spent 5+ years looking at historical data, mapping & modeling, to ensure they give us (as much as they can) a completely realistic WW2 experience, just to throw it all away?

I find it totally illogical to do that.

Upvote 0
I would also like to add something.

After amassing tonnes of data & knowledge on the Soviet role in WW2, why on earth would they scrap all that and start something completely fresh??....

well they didn't scrap it- they made this game. I'm sure they've had the capacity to research something else since then, if they wanted to.

Not saying they wont continue with WW2 of course- and obviously it's a setting close to their hearts, but it doesn't follow that it's gonna be the only one they are prepared to represent in a game.

The research process was probably rewarding in itself, and there may have been other scenarios that appealed to them, that they decided to research to a similar degree to produce this next game.

The COD4 move to modern combat leaves WW2 a bit more open again it's true, but the vietnam war for example is screaming for a new game IMO.

I'd be more than happy with a vietnam game hopefully with a campaign and/or co-op online, as well as a full RO style multi.
I suspect if it was made with similar realstic approach as this game, ppl would be interested in modding it back to WW2 anyway.
Conversely, if it is to be WW2- i hope this time round a team is formed up with the intention of make a Vietnam mod.

Upvote 0