• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Future Tripwire Games - Are You On Board?

Future Tripwire Games - Are You On Board?

• ...it was realistic, no matter what the setting.

Votes: 248 51.7%
  • ...it was realistic, but has to be set in WWII.

Votes: 115 24.0%
  • ...it was made by Tripwire, realistic or not I'm on board!

Votes: 117 24.4%

• Total voters

Jet Black

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2006
Well, this free week has given me something to think about. Hopefully more people will join RO and see how much fun no-crosshairs/no-conefire can be in an FPS game. Additionally, it made me realise that not everyone likes this sort of game, and that companies obviously need to follow the money and we can't expect other groups to follow suit with realistic-type games.

That made me think: Will Tripwire have to make all my future FPS purchases? :D Maybe... but I was wondering whether this type of gameplay appeals to everyone in other genres, or if WWII is key.

Do you play RO because it's WWII based, or because it's realistic, or both? If Tripwire were to make other FPS games in different settings (Vietnam, Korea, Science Fiction, Pirates, etc...) while retaining the 'realism', would you be just as pleased?

A little of both. I like that it's Eastern front WWII instead of more of the Western front, and the realism/gameplay balance is shaping up to be more and more spot-on with each adjustment.

I would mess my pants, and probably my desk-chair, for a chance to use TripWire's attention to detail and knack for achieving natural balance (read: not uber tweak/nerfing) with modern-day weapon systems though.

ZOMG a realistic M4 to hunt down a squad of mean people armed with realistic AK variants!

Upvote 0
I'd say Tripewire has proven themselves to be THE most competant and interactive game producers out there. I would prefer a realistic game, but to me, any setting would be enough: WW1, WW2, Korea, Israeli Wars, Vietnam, even modern wars.

I find tripwire to be almost as stunning as my girlfriend :eek:... well, maybe not quite like that...

;)

Upvote 0
Oldih said:
What if they start making toys instead? :p

Anyway, medieval setting game would be nice, or possibly ancient Rome setting.

There's actually a game called Mount & Blade that people say has the most realistic melee and medieval weapon systems yet. It's free to play (in Beta)... if you don't mind the plain graphics, it might be worth taking a look at. I personally loved riding horseback and shooting down attackers with my bow. ;)

I have to agree with the people who say Tripwire has the best support... I don't think I've seen a game producer whos devs hang out in the forums, participate, offer advice and assistance practically everyday! Amazing!

Upvote 0
I dont care if it is realistic or not but I do want the attention to detail, complex and deep gameplay that doesnt only rely on twitch etc..some twitch is fine but RO is just so much more satisfying to play than most other games..i dont want them to overly noobify a game just to get sales either..which i dont think they will do

Upvote 0
Tripwire is a great company, I dont care what theme theyre using for their next game, or if its even ment to be releastic. I just know theyre great and I can trust them to make an excelent game.

I would like to see an WWII game over in the Itallian front, same as RO but in a different place. And like the eastern front, it isn't depicted in games very often. I wouldn't say the Pacific since it is actually seen a lot more than youd think, mostly in movies but a few games have been there allready, mostly Medal of Honor. Personally I know nothing about the Itallian front except when Medal of Honor went there for like four levels in their expansion pack, and thats all I've ever seen.

Most WWII games focus on the American font over in France on into Germany from D-Day, I'd like to see the Itallian front, pull out the Carcano or the Mecheddo. (I think I spelled them wrong.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0