• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Full Body Awareness 1st person Definite Thread

I love the idea of being able to see your legs, but acting the way you are the devs are just going to pass your thread on.

My behaviour is the result of me feeling fooled by TWI on large scale. RO2 is not bad but definitely not what I understand as "next generation" and "most immersive".
Everyone of course has their own definition of these words, but RO2 currently doesn't fit mine.

They will pass it on no matter how I behave. Before HoS's release there were a lot of great threads packed with incredible ideas that had so much to immersion and gameplay, so many have been neglected. Frankly I don't have faith that this idea will ever see the light. Too many people believe it useless, annoying etc. Possibly those people are just hands and arms in real life too :rolleyes: Also why would you wanna get a Lamborghini if you can drive a Volkswagen?

Honestly, after no statement from Tripwire, too many people against it and too few supporters: Close this thread.

No need to keep RO series special at all.

Upvote 0
My behaviour is the result of me feeling fooled by TWI on large scale. RO2 is not bad but definitely not what I understand as "next generation" and "most immersive".
Everyone of course has their own definition of these words, but RO2 currently doesn't fit mine.

They're just now implementing native voices in the beta. A feature that was promised at launch.

They definitely have bigger fish to fry, but I would consider this what we call "low hanging fruit". Probably not terribly difficult (they modeled everyone else's body and legs except yours) but makes a big difference to the end user experience.

Such a botched release.....

Upvote 0
It's not a "must have." It's a nice aesthetic that has zero bearing on gameplay. It's something that'd be nice, sure, but there are far more important things to do, too. And as nice of an aesthetic as it can be, it doesn't break the game to not have it. Most of the time people wouldn't even notice the difference.

Unless...You can choose how longs are your leg.... Im tired of seeing millions of soldier all of the same height. Having different height would change so many things...

exemple : You measure 5.6. Your hiding in a destroyed house. there is a big enough hole in the wall for you to shoot it but your too damn small.... Next thing you know someone who make 6.1 can go there and shoot trough the hole.

It would add a big immersion and realism to the game.

Upvote 0
In L4D1 you could see you lower body (legs) and in L4D2 you don't see them, but there was no effect because of this - save for better immersion - so most of the developer studios seem to ignore that aspect.

...huh. Well I guess that makes my point. Despite enjoying both games quite a bit, I didn't know that about either of them. I'm... actually kinda surprised. Good to know, thanks :>

Upvote 0
I didn't know about this either. Someone else pointed this out for me and I checked it to be true later on. Truth is, when you have horde of zombies running in amok at you, you don't look at your feet. In fact in the L4D series Small Arms Tactics shine.

Of course, there are games where immersion is top priority (like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic), but I am not certain if RO2 is the game where the ability to see your leg is THAT important... What is really important is your upper body - arms and a gun and you have it in game already.

Last edited:
Upvote 0