• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Full Auto Pistol for Gunslinger

nukemdukem3d

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 30, 2015
Two examples:
- Glock (doesn't matter what model imo) with 50 round drum mag or 30 round extended magazine
- Mauser "Schnellfeuer" model 712

LethalFumes

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 7, 2019
I've always wanted one of these! If they put a full auto pistol into KF2 I think it'd either go straight to swat or be crossperk with swat and slinger.

flashn00b

Feb 1, 2011
If we're to give the Gunslinger a fully automatic weapon, I think it might might be best to think "Tier 5".

Personally, I think you're thinking too small in regards to full auto Gunslinger weapons. Yes, i still think Dual OA-93 "Pistols" would be the best choice for a Gunslinger Tier 5.

Aleflippy

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2012
Belgium
The main issue I have whenever I see that idea is : how ludicrous would the damage be with the "rack-em-up" skill?

Scoring multiple headshots in quick succession could be stupidly effective, don't you think?

flashn00b

Feb 1, 2011
Aleflippy;n2333188 said:
The main issue I have whenever I see that idea is : how ludicrous would the damage be with the "rack-em-up" skill?

Scoring multiple headshots in quick succession could be stupidly effective, don't you think?
I think the best way to balance this would be to have a full auto pistol deal 25 Ballistic_Handgun, with dual pistols firing two shots at once rather than increase the RoF (Effectively 50 damage per trigger pull). Have re-post of something i posted on the Steam forums a while back

OA-93 "Pistol"

Perk: Gunslinger, Commando (Singular "Pistol" only)
Price: $1000 + $1000
Weight: 4 + 4
Damage: 25 Ballistic_Handgun*
Penetration: 2
Mag size + Max ammo: 30 + 270
Rate of Fire: 600RPM
Other: Singular "pistol" will count as a primary weapon.
Other (2): Dual-wielding does not increase rate of fire, but instead fires two shots simultaneously
  • Fire mode is full auto only
  • Alt-fire switches between aiming styles when in ironsights
  • Legally classified as a pistol in the United States, this weapon falls under that definition in the loosest term possible
*30 Ballistic_AssaultRifle could probably work too, though that would make it worse against fleshpounds than the .500 Magnums

At 25 damage, a full magazine with dual "pistols" would deal the same damage as a pair of .500 Magnums

Reactions: Aleflippy

flashn00b

Feb 1, 2011
Spread for non-shotgun weapons is often seen as pretty bad, especially on a headshot dependent perk. I still think the better course of action is to have the same damage per magazine as the Dual .500 Magnums.