• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Free week should be extended

gun4hire

Aug 6, 2006
This free week idea was really nice. I think it would be great to continue it for another week!!! It would continue to bring in new people (targets):D

sure some newbies were a pain and we had to scold them for TKing, but in general most were great. We all semed to help with the numerous questions "How do I fire the main gun??":rolleyes: I think we helped sell a few copies of the game..another week would be a win-win

gun---who wishes girlie men would not bail out right before the kill shot hits---

God, please no :D

Let's give the newbies that came with free week some time to adjust the game. I don't think they have been assimilated completely :)Stupid TK'ing and rambos that spawncamp are still very easy to see :)

It would be a better idea to make another free week maybe 2-3 months later, rather than 2 weeks nonstop.

Upvote 0
I don't think it should be extended, but rather do another one at a later date. Because the majority of people who tried the free week would have had a "Steam game" already. I don't know where, outside of RO:OST or Value that the free week was advertised and I doubt a significant minority installed Steam for the free week. I'm sure that Value wil have stats on people getting Steam accounts. So when those numbers have increase, then there should be another free week. And hopefully, the noobs (not newbies) will have deleted their free copy and can't be a*sed to download it a 2nd time

Upvote 0
DirtyRat said:
a free trial period again in 3-6months time would be good idea after another update...but for now i've enjoyed the busy servers, but not the amount of kicking/banning and warning i've had to do as admin :)

Agreed - The RGN Server was full 95% of the time. Perhaps after a few more Tripwire embellishments, updates and enhacements. (In time to instigate Holiday Sales) By then, we'll surely have some extraordinary custom maps and mutators to further entice new users.

For now, its been fun but rather "trying". :)

Upvote 0