• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FPS - is this typical?

My system is struggling to keep a good stable framerate on many maps when theres 30-40+ players. Its like 25-40 fps.... kinda sucks tbh.

My system Spec:
W7 64bit
AMD Phenom II 720 X3 BE @ 3 GHZ (4th core is also unlocked)
MSI 790gx-G65
Corsair Dominator DHX+ DDR3 1333MHz 8GB
MSI nvidia gx460 768 MB vcard

According to passmark, my computer got a score of 1600 or so...kinda sucks, but it was the memory that scored the lowest with 1200, but the CPU was at 3000...which wasnt all that bad considering its 3 yrs old and was cheap when i bought it.

I'm running everything at medium or low, and turned off pretty much everything i can turn off in the .ini.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm having no performance issues, but it's interesting to see people getting 80+ FPS with worse specs than me.

1920x1200 HP ZR24W
i7 920 @ 3.8GHZ
GTX 480 @ 800/1950/1600
12GB DDR3 1600 @ 15-somthing.
Corsair Force 2 120gb (OS Drive)
Corsair Force 2 120gb (Game Drive)
WD Black 1TB (Paging File, Storage)

Looking at the in game FPS counter I'm pretty much locked against the VSYNC at 60fps. During Arty' I have seen dips into the low 50s.

Upvote 0
I can finally post now yay me!!

I have the following:

Intel i5 2500K@4GHz
GTX460 1GB
8GB DDR3 1600 memory
W7-64

I play in 1680x1050 on ultra high quality no FSAA and I get a constant steady 80+ FPS even on 64 player servers. There is nothing wrong with the game code. You need a core i5 quad core CPU and a good up to date VGA card and this game runs perfectly smooth...

Upvote 0
1.8GHZ nothing OCed?! You must be playing on extra low with a tweak that put on super extra low and I guess you're still having 10 FPS max. No way you can run this game fine on medium with 1.8 GHz hahaha
you would think so, but it seems us dirty hippies with crap computers are running the game fine, while the guys who spend upwards of $3000 on parts per year are getting crap performance.
i don't even understand how that works.

Upvote 0
RO2 really is a CPU hog.

SCandChives said:
I'm honestly not surprised how CPU intensive this game is (and hence how much more optimisation it needs) when you consider that every bullet on the map goes through far more calculations than it's counterparts in most other games and that's even before it hits something and goes through the penetration calculations. Rather than a hit being either a headshot or "other" this game has a fully modelled damage system and with that comes all the calculations which must be performed in a very short time. And of course there's a myriad of other thing in this game that tend to put a large load on your CPU. So think about that next time you go spraying your PPSH everywhere and notice your framerate slows down a bit. Think about it mathematically, its much harder to solve a quadratic (parabola as with bullets in RO2) as opposed to a linear equation as with most other games.

+1 for maths, I <3 maths.
Physics student... go figure :)

Every time a bullet arcs past your sweaty virtual-melon, your CPU has to do things that would make YOUR HEAD A SPLODE!

'Sandy Bridge', gentleman. The 2500k is a PC gamer's dream come true; at a "thats got to be a typo?!" price point(in a good way), with great out-the-box specs and awesome overclocking potential, it should already be on your "I can't believe I've spent my whole tax return before I got it" list.

That's not to say 'get a new CPU' is THE solution... but it is A solution ;)

Yes, I'm well aware this was completely unhelpful and overly-hyphenated, but maybe it was slightly amusing?

Just a little?

...no?

Well, screw you then :IS2:

Upvote 0
Similar spec to OP.

Everything on low. 35-45 fps on 40-50 player servers. Works fine for me, the game is perfectly playable. If you're upset because you can't squeeze better graphics out of 5 year old hardware that can run console ports really pretty, well I don't know what to tell you. I've always done my PC gaming on dated, low-to-mid end rigs. Just deal with it. It's not that bad.

Reactions: Needles
Upvote 0
Not sure if it's combination of friday patch and my new MB, 8gb ram and old OCed CPU/GPU, but my fps skyrocketed. Took 2 day break of the game and played just yesterday.
On Fallen Fighters constant 99fps with mixed high settings. So ofcourse I had to increase settings cause 99fps is too much. Mixed Ultra settings and min 60fps to max 80-90fps. Pavlos House has been maybe the thoughest but got pretty good min 50 fps there.

I would say I have semi high end specs:
Asus m5a99x Evo
amd 955BE @3,8Ghz
ati 5850 OCed
8gb RAM 1333 -> 1600

Mixed Ultra Settings
Spoiler!

Reactions: Needles
Upvote 0
I mean the game is ****, really that's all that needs to be said.
Trolollo?. Oh wait I have just the thing-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSA_sWGM44-I know it's been overdone but I love that vid, and it's apt because it's Russian. Oh sorry I think I went off track:eek:.
Yes, I'm well aware this was completely unhelpful and overly-hyphenated, but maybe it was slightly amusing?

Just a little?

...no?

Well, screw you then :IS2:
Wasn't bad actually, I get in those moods sometimes too:eek:

Upvote 0
I can finally post now yay me!!

I have the following:

Intel i5 2500K@4GHz
GTX460 1GB
8GB DDR3 1600 memory
W7-64

I play in 1680x1050 on ultra high quality no FSAA and I get a constant steady 80+ FPS even on 64 player servers. There is nothing wrong with the game code. You need a core i5 quad core CPU and a good up to date VGA card and this game runs perfectly smooth...

i5 2500k 3.3ghz
gtx570
windows 7 64bit
4gb ram

I have stuttering and game is not smooth at all.....

Upvote 0
I played this on different PCs and with a dual core that is under 3ghz this game will run like **** and theres nothing you can do about it.

No amount of ini tweaking will make anything better.

If you have a relativley good gfx card in such a rig its wasted money too.

I remember back before release, I can't quote it exactly right now, but the devs stated that the game is GPU based. Why now has the tune changed?
Thats nothing you can take serious when the game is an Unreal Engine game.

With other engines like Q3 based ones you can turn the eyecandy down and you can get 100% more FPS.
Thats impossible in UE games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0