FOV ... why is it so narrow ?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

HellBilly

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 13, 2011
why is field of view so narrow in the settings ?

is there a console command to fix it

TheRealGunther

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 3, 2011
Blue Ridge GA
Yes (FOV "number") will set it too w/e you want in console command (unless its been changed) also you can change it in your ROengine settings to keep it at a set number.I have even seen some crazy FoV settings for people with multiple monitors.

Increasing it too much will effect performance as you will have to render more objects.For me 85 is just fine for my 16:9 monitor just find one that suits you and doesn't hurt performance.

Also the higher the FOV is the smaller objects appear at long ranges that's how the zoom feature works.Its not a zoom per say it just lowers your FOV so you can veiw a smaller area with better detail.

Last edited:

HellBilly

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 13, 2011
Yes (FOV "number") will set it too w/e you want in console command (unless its been changed) also you can change it in your ROengine settings to keep it at a set number.

thank you but i dont seem to be able to get it to work
and i have no idea where the config file is

Knil

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 9, 2010
ROGame.ini change the FOV to what you want then save the file as read only. If you open up the settings when you are ingame the FOV will reset.

amdr

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2011
What's the console command to change FOV? Mine defaults to 136 in Eyefinity which is a bit too wide imo. The slider ingame only lets me choose 136 to 140 and changing the value in the .ini files does nothing.

TheRealGunther

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 3, 2011
Blue Ridge GA
What's the console command to change FOV? Mine defaults to 136 in Eyefinity which is a bit too wide imo. The slider ingame only lets me choose 136 to 140 and changing the value in the .ini files does nothing.

Taking from a official command console list although I haven't used it in a while and some say it no longer works.

"FOV [degrees] - Changes the Field of View to the specified degrees"