• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FOV ... why is it so narrow ?

Yes (FOV "number") will set it too w/e you want in console command (unless its been changed) also you can change it in your ROengine settings to keep it at a set number.I have even seen some crazy FoV settings for people with multiple monitors.

Increasing it too much will effect performance as you will have to render more objects.For me 85 is just fine for my 16:9 monitor just find one that suits you and doesn't hurt performance.

Also the higher the FOV is the smaller objects appear at long ranges that's how the zoom feature works.Its not a zoom per say it just lowers your FOV so you can veiw a smaller area with better detail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What's the console command to change FOV? Mine defaults to 136 in Eyefinity which is a bit too wide imo. The slider ingame only lets me choose 136 to 140 and changing the value in the .ini files does nothing.

Taking from a official command console list although I haven't used it in a while and some say it no longer works.

"FOV [degrees] - Changes the Field of View to the specified degrees"

Upvote 0