• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Forgive system

starfish trooper

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2013
I'm so used to typing np in chat and ignoring all the kick votes and map votes that I often don't forgive when I actually want to with the new system, maybe placing it somewhere else on the screen or in a different color ( like the squad color) might help.
Also can you correct when you hit f2 instead of f1 unintentionally?

Zude;n2304488 said:
It was a very big mistake to disable the old system. This is an example of a common error in business administration: they make changes to their infrastructure AND assume that users have the intellect/motivation to adapt and enjoy the new methodology.

They assume users are human beings.

Fact of the matter is you can adapt to pressing F1 or F2. It's a huge box that won't go away until you do something about it.

Upvote 0
Deliberate this: every player is paying attention to the environment and does not have more than 1.5 seconds to pay attention to forgive a team kill. The maximum duration of sensory memory is 1.5 seconds. Human beings do not acclimate to environment as hastily as you would cogitate. Given 10-15 fortnights, you could see a sufficient figure of the player population pool familiarize itself with the F1 and F2 keys. But until then there will be mass misperception and hysteria over this update.

Reactions: Zude
Upvote 0
Kaleun;n2304528 said:
Deliberate this: every player is paying attention to the environment and does not have more than 1.5 seconds to pay attention to forgive a team kill. The maximum duration of sensory memory is 1.5 seconds. Human beings do not acclimate to environment as hastily as you would cogitate. Given 10-15 fortnights, you could see a sufficient figure of the player population pool familiarize itself with the F1 and F2 keys. But until then there will be mass misperception and hysteria over this update.

Spot on!

Upvote 0
RoastinGhost;n2304568 said:
I dunno, I have 500+ hours of experience with the old NP system and I already like this a lot more. It's much more obvious and straight-forward.
A different color might be good, but there's really only one time you need to be looking down there- when you get teamkilled.

I like it too, but it will cause confusion for a while. However, they should have kept the old system working in conjunction with the new system during the confusing transition phase.

Upvote 0
I just want so every teamkill for commander is forgiven automatically. People get kicked and kicked every match because of this. No one would forgive but everyone would run on arty or worse is napalm that sometimes go into direction of your team.

Ive seen more than once 4 commander being kicked for teamkilling. And it wasnt their fault. People just kept pushing on friend arty.

Reactions: Zude
Upvote 0
kuky90;n2304578 said:
I just want so every teamkill for commander is forgiven automatically. People get kicked and kicked every match because of this. No one would forgive but everyone would run on arty or worse is napalm that sometimes go into direction of your team.

Ive seen more than once 4 commander being kicked for teamkilling. And it wasnt their fault. People just kept pushing on friend arty.

I agree with this, but what if the team is unable to kick a troll commander?

Upvote 0
Zude;n2304613 said:
You are missing the point:

I agree that commanders should not be punished for teamkills. HOWEVER, we can't rely on kickvotes in its current state to protect us from bad commanders.

Which is why you play on servers with admins. #1 doesn't mean that. If anything it means the opposite. The number 1 servers in RO2 were completely adminless.

Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2304617 said:
Which is why you play on servers with admins. #1 doesn't mean that. If anything it means the opposite. The number 1 servers in RO2 were completely adminless.

However, what you have stated is inductive at best. It simply gives up in solving the problem and requires that every server should permanently staff an admin. People that have money to support a stable and popular server certainly do not have time to administrate those servers 24/7.

Upvote 0