• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Force spawned as wrong class with no weapons?

HoopleDoople

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 28, 2012
Periodically when a join a server it immediately forces me to spawn without allowing me to select a class. When this occurs the class I spawn as isn't what I had selected, but Berserker (at least lately, I think it used to be commando). When I spawn it is without the proper weapon/armor for my level of perk.

This does allow me to switch classes immediately, but as this cannot get me a free weapon it doesn't really help. I am forced to quit and rejoin for the next wave or be a major liability to my team for a while.

Is there any known factor that triggers this glitch that I can avoid? For example, the slow movement glitch can be avoided 99% of the time by not flying the camera around as the wave ends. Any other relevant info would be great.

this glitch has only happened to me once or twice, and i have no idea what causes it.
Same. Its such a rare occurrence that I don't even worry about it. Even if I do spawn as the wrong perk without the bonus weapons, I'm still going to have all the other bonuses, namely the discounts to get me on track with next wave. If I ever join a game beyond wave 6, I leave immediately unless I'm just there to mess around.

i believe its just a glitch that will happen, just like the random 3rd person glitch.
Oh its far from random.

Upvote 0
If that's happening to you that often, the problem's on your end mate. Try verifying your game cache maybe? Most of the problems I encounter with the game can be fixed that way :)
Done it a million times. No difference. I've had other issues in the past few weeks and ended up deleting my system directory and verifying the game cache. Still having it. Also having several virtual memory crashes but thats besides the point.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
noticed it happens to me when i join shortly before the end of the wave or exactly when the wave ends. i guess its in connection with the respawn of the whole team after the wave ends cause more or less once you joined you are already part of that team. But there is an easy fix ... few nades on the feet and you respawn fully equiped ;] bad is if it spawn you as medic or firebug cause you cant nade the s#*t out of you :D

Upvote 0
Same problem

Same problem

I have the same problem many times.
Yesterday I choose Commando Perk and started with Berserker level 0 (I'm level 6).
Other times when I choose Commando, I start the game with Commando level 6,but without AK 47 weapon.

I think it's a usual bug for everybody,because some of my friends have it too.

Other problem that sometimes I have,is walk very slow in some servers (the character is "anemic").
I change the server and everything goes to normal ;).

Upvote 0