• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fixed before release?

StrangleHold

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
I'm curious if you guys think this game can be fixed before the release of BF3?

We all know there hundreds if not thousands of people not playing due to performance issues/stats and a **** load of other bugs.

Personally I'll continue to play regardless as I love this game and i have faith in Tripwire fixing things up in a timely fashion.

One thing that worries me is if performance/stats aren't fixed before the official release of BF3 we will see the player base dwindle down to nothing ...... assuming BF3 lives up to the hype.

This isn't meant to be a flame thread for RO2 vs BF fan boys, just a discussion on whether or not you think the game can be saved/fixed before the release of BF3.

Yes, I know they are 2 completely different games, but many people are only playing RO2 as a filler before the release of BF3 and many people like myself want RO2 to take the place of BF3 (I haven't pre-ordered and I won't be)

Your thoughts?

For me its RO2 vs BF3 the same way as I feel for Diablo 3 vs GuildWars 2. (especialy D3 vs GW2, although both are catered to casuals other then hardcores so that leave me and other vets upset....but its business money making nothing personal) Anyway!

Unfrotunately like I've been saying RO2 will be dead in a few months but it doesn't mean people will competely stop playing it. To a surprise there are still a handful of servers around and I was lucky enough to find a mature server where people talk and play properly. RO2 can still be salvaged by optimizing the game and fixing stats....I would even say revamp the code work completely and start from scratch *shrugs*. The current market makes it so casual players can leave to other games but can still come back to said game and still have a decent time, even RO2 is handling that fine as they gave alot of Arcade aspect instead of Realism they stuck to with RO. People bough gears of war 3 but its the same exact game. It's the title and people will surely buy other new titles.

Unfortuantely with RO2 it just came out buggy. If they scrap the stat system alot of people will leave indefinately (even I dont feel like getting my stats reset now since I worked up my ppsh to lvl 29 legit as it seemed to save) Vets may stay but if so it will be 24/7 apartments just like it was 24/7 danzig.

*shrugs*

Upvote 0
Well I'm not sure if I will be playing RO2 in a few months and I know I wont be playing BF3....but I may well be playing a different East Front game (not a mod as some keep saying) that is promising everything I'm looking for.

Blimey there was only 1200 online this morning playing RO2...so it's going to need something in the way of gameplay and bugs sorted and sorted soon. I hope certain design decisions are changed (if not then through mutators) and the features that where originally promised are implimented. Then I wills till be playing in a few years time, thats if anyone has stuck by it enough by then.

Upvote 0
Im gaining interest in BF3 slowly. I loved BF1942 and BF 2142. They were extremely easy to mod and had some amazing mods available like Desert Combat.

I love RO2 but finding games is getting harder already. BF3 will inevitably make it worse.

I think they are different enough to play and enjoy both but Im gonna go where the prey is.

Upvote 0
Im gaining interest in BF3 slowly. I loved BF1942 and BF 2142. They were extremely easy to mod and had some amazing mods available like Desert Combat.

I love RO2 but finding games is getting harder already. BF3 will inevitably make it worse.

I think they are different enough to play and enjoy both but Im gonna go where the prey is.

BF3 will have zero mod support. Dice said it themselves that today's game's are too complicated for users to mod anymore.

Upvote 0
I was in the alpha trial

It is.

We played a subway station, and outside of the scale of the map - there's not a whole lot it shares in common with BC2. The rest of the maps (and even that one wasn't the FULL map) will be much larger. You shouldn't judge a game by it's alpha, as that means very little. Everyone has their opinions, but I think you're judging too soon and moving against the grain simply because you can.

Upvote 0
We played a subway station, and outside of the scale of the map - there's not a whole lot it shares in common with BC2. The rest of the maps (and even that one wasn't the FULL map) will be much larger. You shouldn't judge a game by it's alpha, as that means very little. Everyone has their opinions, but I think you're judging too soon and moving against the grain simply because you can.

It has nothing to do with being a alpha, the gameplay wont change, it feels EXACTLY like bc2, i'll admit tho, i liked it alot more than i liked bc2, but its not worthy being called a bf2 sequel. Even the terrible gun animation while running is exactly the same BC2 had <.<

Thats not the problem anyway, the problem is no modtools, stuck with the same content forever till EA decides to release 2 or 3 maps and charge 10 bucks for it, no thanks, this is not even Battlefield anymore, just a cash cow.

Upvote 0
Even with all the issues this game has right now, if they aren't fixed by the time bf3 I will still love this game more. I refuse to buy another game from DICE for a long time after BC2. I still have issues with BC2 and instead they're off making dlc's trying to get people to pay more money and take more players away from the original. I can't stand that..and with RO2 I know tripwire is behind this project, they show something that EA nor infinity ward nor Activision nor DICE etc. have never ever shown, and that's passion for the game they created.

There won't be an RO3 in 1-2 years after RO2's release you know why? Because this game is tripwires baby, they're obviously extremely passionate about the creation of this game and will never ever let it die. They will continue trying to fix the problems *unlike any of the companies I mentioned before* because they actually care about their game and that's not something anyone could ever say about EA.

Upvote 0