• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fixed before release?

BF3 will have zero mod support. Dice said it themselves that today's game's are too complicated for users to mod anymore.

Translation: We want to control content to sell expansions.

Still, I'm really looking forward to it.

Sadly that was the decision of EA, for the very reason that Jimmy James posted. DICE fought to put mod tools in the game but their implementation got shot down by the suits who write their checks.

On topic, I fear for the longevity of RO2, with so many bugs still hampering its success people WILL flock to BF3 once it's out. Whether they were using it for filler or not people will move on from broken games, the majority of these gamers do not have the patience to wait for the game to be completed post release.

And they are justified in that, while they bought a license to play the game in whatever state TWI releases it in with no obligation to change or not change it most customers expect a product that is playable and free of major bugs or imbalance. Again, TWI are not obligated to have the game in that state at release or at any time in the future (Thankfully they DO feel obligated to do so as they care about their product/consumers), but obviously it's bad for business and customer retention to operate in such a way.

We're beginning to see the effects of the game being in the state it's in despite TWIs effort to remedy the problems, the population will continue to dwindle until the bugs and instability are eradicated. Soon it will indeed be just the RO vets and some new die-hards playing the game with it going down to Darkest Hour levels of player activity. Some may not mind that but it's no good for a game that's so new, niche or not. It's obvious TWI wanted RO2 to be a little less niche than its predecessor though, and they're not doing too well at keeping that broadened player base interested.

Upvote 0
I was really not happy with BC2 or how DICE handled the issues in the gameplay or their way of patching the game.
So I consider the money I payed for BC2 wasted money.
Thats not the case yet with RO2.

BF3 will have zero mod support. Dice said it themselves that today's game's are too complicated for users to mod anymore.
Yeah right! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If I had any belief in BF3, I would not get Red Orchestra 2.

I currently have around 15h in BC2 and 30h in RO2beta and have played perhaps 25h+ since the release.
The thing here is that I played ****loads of BF2 and hell, I still enjoy playing it with friends from time to time, but BF3 just seems to be another BC3. It's sad really.

When it comes to Red Orchestra 2 though, I do not have much of an issue with the current bugs. Sure the stats are pretty messed up but is that really the point of the game? The gameplay is solid, the maps are very enjoyable and mod support... Bloody mod support!

I don't know why but RO2 just kind of reminds me of my earlier gaming days when I played CoD1 from hours on end. Sure, these games are not similar at ALL but it just gives me that odd, natural feeling.

The FPS genre is going straight down a horrible road, in the wrong direction and Red Orchestra just decided to use a ****ing map to get on the right damn track.

My decision is final. I will never play any other FPS games in my entire life.
;)

Upvote 0
It has nothing to do with being a alpha, the gameplay wont change, it feels EXACTLY like bc2, i'll admit tho, i liked it alot more than i liked bc2, but its not worthy being called a bf2 sequel. Even the terrible gun animation while running is exactly the same BC2 had <.<

Thats not the problem anyway, the problem is no modtools, stuck with the same content forever till EA decides to release 2 or 3 maps and charge 10 bucks for it, no thanks, this is not even Battlefield anymore, just a cash cow.

The problem for me is the running speed and the way the guns are handeled. It just feels way to arcady just like the rest of the BF(BC)series. I loved BF1942 the original but only because there wasn't anything else and it was new back then. It's a shame that they haven't made the game more realistic but it sure does look good.

Upvote 0