• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fix KF linux....

jonty789

Oct 25, 2013
Hi

Please please can you just fix the Killing Floor Linux version. It is so buggy and been like that for so long time. It not just me because other people have reported it as well but it hasn't been fixed it.

Serisouly I am pissed off. Even WINE is running windows killing floor much better so what the **** is wrong with you tripwire. Just fix the **** ok?

Are you willing to pay for Tripwire's work? No? Shut up then. There is ways of asking them to fix it and that is NOT the way to do it.

Listen here. Look on the steam store page and tell me what you see. You see Windows, Mac and Linux icon right? As I already stated before loads of people have complain about the state of Killing Floor Linux version YET nothing has done. I have even asked politely but now It has gone too far and they done nothing about it which is why I am getting pissed off. The fact that it has Linux version icon on their store page WHICH means that they are willing to invest in Linux version. They even hired a linux porter... Do your research before stating lies. If Tripwire actually don't care about Linux then why do they even hire linux porter in first way.

I will be contacting Valve about this and I will ask them if they will remove Linux icon off the store page.

How would you feel if you had really buggy version which lags ALL the time.

Now seriously shut up you don't even use Linux so why are you even commenting. I think you just one of those drama queen who love attention. Pretty sad little person you are. :cool:

Upvote 0
lmaoooooooooooooo so much hypocritical comments there. Ok so firstly, you paid for the GAME. Secondly, Linux was ported about a year ago and they have done updated to patch it up every time they have done an update. Thirdly, they are a small team overall that needs to fix up ALL of their games.

You guys say you pay them for their work when technically, you don't. I admit this and the steam area is the only places to contact them but flaming them after all the work they have done for their customers and events FREE OF CHARGE and all the DLC work put in...you need to do your research too. if they didn't care, they wouldn't update or keep on adding content for over 4 years now.

Getting all moody as you did is pefetic and will never get you anywhere. If you want to do a complaint, give proper details and make it in a formal way instead of shouting like a kid who lost his little toy and throwing everything out of their cot.

Upvote 0
lmaoooooooooooooo so much hypocritical comments there. Ok so firstly, you paid for the GAME. Secondly, Linux was ported about a year ago and they have done updated to patch it up every time they have done an update. Thirdly, they are a small team overall that needs to fix up ALL of their games.

You guys say you pay them for their work when technically, you don't. I admit this and the steam area is the only places to contact them but flaming them after all the work they have done for their customers and events FREE OF CHARGE and all the DLC work put in...you need to do your research too. if they didn't care, they wouldn't update or keep on adding content for over 4 years now.

Getting all moody as you did is pefetic and will never get you anywhere. If you want to do a complaint, give proper details and make it in a formal way instead of shouting like a kid who lost his little toy and throwing everything out of their cot.

Few things wrong with you....

It does not sound like you have actually play Linux version so why would you even bother commenting on this? If you actually play Linux version, you WILL know what I am on about...

Also you said "Secondly, Linux was ported about a year ago and they have done updated to patch it up every time they have done an update". You are so wrong... You haven't even done your research. Last year there was a update which broke Linux Killing Floor steam workshop meanwhile Windows version was working fine. It took them AGES to fix it... ALSO if they did actually patch it up then I wouldn't be complaining now. Sound like you haven't done your research and you are just here to flame people just because they prefer different operating system.

We did actually contact them plus other people as well in the steam area but we get no reply.

Actually I did my research and I know that they add free events and I do appreciate that however DLC is not free so why even talk about it? How is this related to Linux version? Stop going off topic you are really annoying with your off topic posts.

We did actually report about this Linux version problems in proper details and in formal way last year but as of now there still no "patch" to actually fix it up.

STAY ON TOPIC WHICH IS ABOUT LINUX VERSION PLEASE.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well if you did your research, they said they'll fix it. I never said they have fixed everything the same as windows because they are different builds entirely. I have known about the Linux problems since the start as a mate of mine used it since the beta and has tried to get me involved with contacting TWI for him seems I am "a modder and have better respect and chance to be listened to".

I pick no sides and yes, over half of the DLC are free and additionally added to the game for free. That was added to show your arrogance towards TWI is stupidity because you're saying they do nothing at all for you. They do work hard but remember, a linux team could be half of what the windows team is. They work extremely hard to get all these patches done to help allow people like you to play.

They do not judge customers by their operating system so whatever idea you got in your head of them being biast is complete nonsense. You have attitude problems and need to learn to shut up and think before typing a load of crap when you said "I researched" when over half of what you said is wrong. You say i'm wrong but i've been watching these forums since 2009 and have participated in a lot more then you could think. You think you got it bad as a linux, how do you think us modders feel? We get an update and ALL of our mods are broken. Do we go to TWI and moan the hell out of them? No, we grew up and got on with it. We fixed our mods and moved on.

This is my last message because you are a waste of time but my overall message was think before you type. Attitude like yours makes people turn their nose up at you and walk away. Don't expect anything back with how you messaged originally.

Upvote 0
You are just making up excuses aren't you?

Right let go through what you said shall we?

" I never said they have fixed everything the same as windows because they are different builds entirely. "

You should have made that clear in your previous post. Also this is Linux post and so we are talking about Linux ok?

"That was added to show your arrogance towards TWI is stupidity because you're saying they do nothing at all for you."

Please show me where I said they do nothing for me? I even said in my previous post "I know that they add free events and I do appreciate that"
Also you act as if they gave me Killing Floor as a free game... I am a customer to them and so I should be able to get Linux version that is playable...

"They work extremely hard to get all these patches done to help allow people like you to play"

Oh really? So it takes 2 months to actually fix the Linux workshop (which was downloading to wrong location). I bet that was only few lines of codes.. Also yeah I enjoy playing it at crappy fps...

"They do not judge customers by their operating system so whatever idea you got in your head of them being biast is complete nonsense."

Tripwire treats Linux and Mac as second class. Otherwise it would be playable as Windows version.

" You say i'm wrong but i've been watching these forums since 2009 and have participated in a lot more then you could think."

You just don't participated in Linux part of this forum.

"You think you got it bad as a linux, how do you think us modders feel? We get an update and ALL of our mods are broken."

Again with your off topic post. This is about Linux version. Why do you keep going off topic?

"This is my last message because you are a waste of time but my overall message was think before you type. Attitude like yours makes people turn their nose up at you and walk away. Don't expect anything back with how you messaged originally."

Good because you don't contribute anything useful to this forum. Good bye and I hope I will never have to deal with you again.

Overall you seem to think that Tripwire have done us a favour and gave us the game but what you don't realised is that it is not a free game... We are paying customers to them. I even brought some DLC...

Tripwire is not a charity ok? Nobody here is a volunteers ok?

Upvote 0